IV.

Aaliyah

"Mmmh, I swear mom, there is nothing better than a cinnamon Auntie Anne's pretzel!" I moaned as the warm pretzel was introduced to my waiting tastebuds

She laughed lightly in response, "Enjoy your pretzel, baby. That's all you've been asking about since we got here." I nodded my head in agreement cause she already knew how serious I was about my pretzel; can you honestly go to the mall and not get one? That's blasphemy if you don't.

We had been here for a hour or so and was able to stop at all of our favorite stores to rack up, ... mom's treat of course. Sometimes, I even wonder if splurges like this hurt her pockets but I doubt it as she's almost the highest paid doctor in New York anyway; I thank her continuously though cause there are sadly other teenagers who weren't as privileged.

Walking further down the strip, I spotted my all time favorite store. "Oo ma! Let's stop here!" I pulled her attention away from her phone and dragged her into Victoria's Secret.

"Now Aaliyah ..." She mumbled under her breath.

"What? I need new bras, don't you see?" My words caused us both to share a small laugh. Quickly, she glanced at my growing chest and sighed, ultimately agreeing with what I'm saying. I know that she hates to accept the fact that I'm blossoming every day, but it feels good to confide in her when I need advice on how to transition into womanhood.

"Let's get you accurately measured first, then we'll go from there." She found a sales rep and I was whisked away to the dressing room ready to fit a wide variety of styles.

"I think the tee shirt style-bra is my fave. Do you agree, ma?" .. "Mom?" I called out again since her attention was yet again back on her phone. "Is it dad who has all your attention? He's bothering you isn't he?"

Her head snapped up and she glared into my eyes, "Why would you say something like that?"

I turned away so she couldn't notice my rolling eyes, "No reason." I mumbled. I heard her rise to her feet and stand behind me in the dressing room.

"I do like the t-shirt fit on you," she mentioned while fixing the straps. "And we'll talk more about that lil' comment later, okay?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, pick out the ones you like and let's go .. I'm hungry!"
As we waited in the long line to checkout, she left me per usual and went to venture on her own. She walked over to the lingerie and admired this beautiful lavender teddy on the mannequin. Its see-through material gave little to the imagination and the high cut thong would definitely accentuate her backside. Maybe her and dad weren't currently at odds? I thought to myself as she walked back to the line with her item in tow. I knew better than to ask this time around, and couldn't lie that I was a bit nervous for what she was going to say to me later. Hopefully some good food and even better drinks could calm her down.