XXIII.

Beyoncé

My energy was too high after finally getting some good good from my man

My energy was too high after finally getting some good good from my man. We went two more rounds in the backseat till I tapped out, and his sweet self escorted me back to the house before we kissed goodnight. Yet now I had to snap back into reality and gear up for my most professional day at work. Starting today, Monday, the hospital was celebrating National Doctor's Day each day until the weekend, and as a head surgeon I was appointed to give a few lectures throughout the week to all students, residences, and fellow surgeons working their way up the clinical ladder.

After I slid on my pair of nude suede Jimmy Choo's, I smoothed out my skirt then eyed my curvy figure in the mirror; thanks to Jay's powerful back-shots, my rump looked a lot more plump than normal. Next, I threw my white coat over my shoulders and grabbed my grey Hermès Birkin bag before walking down the steps. Right away I spotted Aaliyah at the kitchen counter eating a bowl of cereal. She had no school today due to some odd teacher in service, so I allowed her to stay home and relax that sprained ankle of hers.

"Good morning.." She said softly once she noticed my presence. I was caught off guard that she decided to speak, but then realized that I was the authoritative figure in this duo who had every right to be acknowledged first.

"Still in any pain?" I asked while getting last minute stuff ready for my departure.

"Somewhat, but I'll be okay."

"Well then," I said with a brief sigh, "Call if you need me." We didn't bother to say goodbye or share a hug which hurt my heart even though I was still upset from the things she said at dinner; maybe tonight when I got home we could talk things through.

I got on the elevator and took it down to the garage and when the doors opened, I smiled at the person waiting for me. I sped up toward him and wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me by my waist.

"I missed you.." I said to Jay before kissing his soft lips. He let out a small chuckle then replied that he'd miss me as well even though we were with each other less than 12 hours ago. "Did you sleep well?" I added once I got inside the car.

"Shit, like a baby. Good pussy will do that to you." He said bluntly.

"Yeah, yeah.. I'm just happy things are starting to turn around for us. Aren't you?"

"Of course I am. We just have one last hurdle to jump through, baby." He clasped his hand around mine and I examined his bruised knuckles.

"What happened to your hand?" I mentioned right away. He took his eyes off the road for a second to see what I was pointing out then shook his head in a nonchalant manner.

"Nothing serious."

"As in no one is harming you or you're just getting the job done?"

"B, I rather not involve you in my mess."