XXI.

Aaliyah

Like the rest of the world, Monday's were the worst day of the week, but I had an different stance since today Rue would be officially discharged from the hospital. As I laid in the bed wide awake, I grabbed my phone and quickly dimmed my bright light to not wake the beauty next to me. The time was only 6am, so I had another thirty minutes to spare before my mom and I had to get ready; thankfully she was letting me tag along with her today instead of going to school.

While I waited, I occupied myself on Instagram. I saw various of posts about the championship game this weekend and I groaned quietly as I remembered the strenuous practice I had to attend this evening. After winning the final playoff game, the attention toward me grew drastically. Upperclassmen were acknowledging me in the halls and even a few of my teammates began to slowly work their way into my social circle. I couldn't lie and say that this attention didn't feel good, because although Rue was my person, I knew eventually that I had to interact with other citizens.

I switched my position in the bed and continued to hide my light while my mom snored slightly in my ear. Her honey brown locs were all over the place and I knew she felt a bit cramped since I liked to stay close to her on her large king size bed. To be honest I didn't know when I was going to leave her be, but now with a new boo in her life I was going to be kicked out soon enough. Moreover, I knew she had been trying to hold off on us meeting but I had to let her know no later than today that I was ready to meet the man who took up a good space of her heart.

"Uggh!" She groaned as her alarm sounded from the side table.

"Time to wakey wakey .." I mumbled beside her. Right away, she cut her eyes at me and ducked her head back under the covers.

"Go get dressed." She ordered in a muffled voice. There was no need to tell me twice and I threw my covers back before hauling ass to my room to wash up and get ready for the day ahead. After all proper hygiene was done, I moisturized and sprayed myself lightly with some perfume before placing my jeans and shirt on my body. For my sneaker choice, I grabbed my pair of black/white Van's Old Skool then walked downstairs toward the kitchen to grab a piece of fruit. A few moments later, I could hear the sound of my mom's Dansko nursing clogs coming down the steps. She appeared mute yet still so cute in her baby blue scrub set before she came over to kiss my cheek.

"I swear I love you, I really do .. but you need to get out of my bed." She urged. We shared a laugh and I agreed against my will.

"Ready to go?" She added.

"Yup!" I replied before grabbing my Nine West Dome leather backpack. We walked together toward the elevator then to the car and decided to stop for coffee before our way inside. Right away, my moms beeper went off and she quickly lifted her shirt to pull the device off of her waist.

"Shit, Liyah I have to run. I'll come check on your in about an hour okay?"

"That's cool. Run fast!" She playfully rolled her eyes but definitely walked faster than normal down the hall, her white coat simply flying in the wind. Once she was gone, I took the elevator up and walked through the various workers toward Rue's room.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
The Surgeon. |✔️|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें