XXX.

Jay

Waking up with the hardest wood had to be the most uncomfortable shit ever, especially since my lady couldn't take care of it properly

Waking up with the hardest wood had to be the most uncomfortable shit ever, especially since my lady couldn't take care of it properly. But I couldn't even be upset if I tried, because nowadays Beyoncé no longer craved my touch nor did she want to be touch by anyone; no matter the circumstances. Thankfully, our pregnancy journey was now in the home stretch with only a month to go. So while I've been maintaining my nerves, everyday was a guessing game of when Beyoncé could go into labor.

Speaking of my queen, I felt around the bed and sat up slightly once I noticed she wasn't in arms reach. I knew she either had to be in the bathroom or downstairs so I didn't stress out too much about her whereabouts. I got out of the bed soon after and handled my duties before throwing on more appropriate attire to wear around the house, then opened the door to walk down the hall to find Beyoncé. Right away, I heard noise coming from the other room, so I turned on my heels and peaked through the door to see B sitting on the floor folding baby clothes. She didn't notice me right away, but I could easily sense her discomfort. Carrying the twins placed such a strain on her body and every part of her had began to swell. At our last appointment, Dr. High diagnosed her condition as preeclampsia and told us to look out for serious warning signs like a severe headache or vision changes that may warrant a medical crisis; she also brought up the possibility to having Beyoncé on bed rest until my boys made their debut.

"You need some help?" I said shortly after. She lifted her head up and smiled at my loving gaze.

"Absolutely! You can put these away for me." She ordered, and I did just that. She then asked for me to help her to her feet and automatically my hands cupped her bump. Since words no longer sufficed to explain her pain, she simply groaned into my chest while I continued to rub all around the baby region.

"I need to get back in bed ... I truly don't know what possessed me to get up at the crack of dawn." She revealed.

"I don't know either. Let me get you situated in bed and bring up some breakfast, too." I offered, surprised that she gave in so easily. Once she was back in bed, I readjusted the abundance of pillows surrounding her and made sure her phone was in reach before dipping out to the kitchen to cook. I didn't want overwhelm Beyoncé with a ton of options so I instead made enough to all three of us to enjoy.

"Morning, Jay." Aaliyah greeted me, fully dressed in comfortable clothing for another day of school. With only 2 months into her junior year, she seemed to be enjoying every minute of it. Her skills didn't go to waste over the summer and she was already dominating the court as co-captain. Aside from that, she was starting to become more of social butterfly and even became closer with a few girls on her team and that one fellow, Sidney. When his name would be bought up in conversation, I usually stayed mute and let the girls do the talking; not because I wasn't uninterested in the conversation, but that I didn't quite know how valid my opinion would be. From the start of things, I've always wondered how my role would change for Aaliyah. I wondered if she would ever allow me inside of her personal circle or even scold her in a way that a father should, but at the end of the day I wasn't ready to step over any unestablished boundaries.