Four

"Miss Amelia. Psst! Miss Amelia It's time to wake up." Came Isabelle's gentle voice. I Liked having her as my maid. she was much gentler then my maid back home. "Good morning Isabelle" I said, my voice thick with sleep. I sat up and rubbed my eyes trying to wake up. "There is tea ready for you Miss." Isabelle said with a smile and pulled my covers back. The brisk morning air urging me out of bed. "Thank you Isabelle. I wish I could keep you." I joked. Isabelle let out a shy laugh and poured my tea into a cup. "I very much doubt that Miss. I've only been working here for a year. there are plenty more experienced maids here to pick from." Isabelle smiled, I frowned slightly at her words "You say that like it's possible to take you into my service" I said studying her face for her reaction. "In theory you can miss. There are always a few maids that leave with a pack after these balls." she laughed looking at me with an unreadable expression. I thought her words over for a bit before dropping the subject. "Once you've finished your breakfast, I'll call the other girls in and we'll have a bath drawn for you. then you'll have a few hours to run away into the garden again" Isabelle teased while setting food from her cart onto the breakfast table. "The gardeners were talking about how were out there all day napping under the sun and watching them they'd never seen a wolf take such interest in them as to devote their whole day to watching them." I bushed and looked down at he hands in my lap. I didn't thik anyone had paid that much attention to me. "They're Fascinating to watch I much admit. You guys are so busy yet your lives are so short..."I said with a sigh and a sad smile. "You're only a few years older then me yet you act as if you're already a few hundred years old. You need to let yourself live a get out of your head." Isabelle said, chuckling to herself. "Now who sounds old?" I laughed and finished off my tea. Isabelle didn't answer, just went over to the corner of the room and pulled on a string that would call the other maids to my room.

The girls had washed my hair with water and floral oils before giving me a milk bath that had even more oils and flowers in it. I'd never felt this level of pampering before and I loved it. My skin felt soft and there was a slight hint of flowers on my skin for the rest of the day. I made by way back to the tree in the garden to find that it was occupied by the Alpha from yesterday "This is your spot isn't it?" I asked with a small smile. Harry looked up from his book and flashed me a dimpled smile. "It was. But I'm more than happy to share it with you." He answered, his eyes shining bright. I shook my head and sat down against a near by tree. "You can come closer you know. I don't bite." he said flashing his wolf eyes for a second. I gasped as the blood red colour that flooded his irises. Red wolf eyes meant that he'd spilled the blood of innocents. Although as shocking as it looked it wasn't that uncommon among Alphas or any of the soldiers. "I'm okay here." I said simply looking over at the gardeners again. "They saw me watching them yesterday. They think I'm foolish for paying that much attention to them." I huffed still feeing embarrassed about what Isabelle had said this morning. "Most of the Council members don't trust them and ignore them" Harry admitted. "My pack had good relations with them, we share our lands with them and buy their goods. They have an appreciation for life that many of us have lost. Life is so long for us that we don't appreciate it. We're so caught up in our politics and our wars that we don't see life the way they do. They know their life is fleeting and they life it to it's fullest where they can." Harry said, opening up about how they run things in their pack. "Speaking of Politics, I had an interesting talk with your father." He laughed making me groan. I knew he was trying to find me a mate, but I didn't really want to hear about it. "He has some interesting ideas. It would seem that he's been a busy man" Harry's words made my heart stop for a second. i really didn't want to be mated to someone I didn't love. "What did he say?" I said, barley above a whisper. But with Harry's wolf hearing he heard me just fine. "Mostly abut how he's going to finally get rid of the rouges. His strategy is pretty sound if he had the manpower." he said closing his book and look at m. "And that's where I come in" I said stating what he'd implied. Harry nodded and studied my reactions. "How do you feel about it all?" He asked. His question shocked me more than it should have. "You're the only one that's ever asked me that." I confessed. "I always knew taht i'd never be able to find my True Mate, but deep down I always held out the hope you know? But i've seen the rouge attacks myself first hand.It's how my mother died. if I can do something about it, Even if that means giving up or rejecting my mate I will."I ranted, surprising myself.
"You'll make a good Luna someday." Harry said, getting up and walking back towards the palace without another word.