Fourteen

I'd been with the Blue Moon pack for nearly a week. Everyone that I'd met was wonderful. Anne has had me in lessons all week about what a Luna's job is in this pack. It's a lot, and I'm overwhelmed. But I also feel more confident that I did a week ago. I was lost in my own little world, standing on my balcony admiring the wildflowers below. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my bedchamber door. "Come in!" I yelled, not turning to look away from the view. Harry's scent flooded my nose and I smiled "Hello Alpha." I greeted when he joined me on the balcony. Harry chuckled and Kissed my cheek. "Hello, Little One. I've heard from the servants that you haven't eaten yet today." Harry said, his voice full of concern. I smiled and nodded that they were correct. "I'm not very hungry. I've never really been able to eat on a nervous stomach." I admitted. "Why are you nervous Pup?" Harry asked, brushing a piece of stray hair back behind my ear. "The announcement. I'm also nervous about the pack bond." Harry made a noise of understanding and sighed. "I wish I could say something to calm your fears, but I understand them. I was there when my sister received her pack bond from her mate. I wish I could take that pain from you." He said pulling me into a hug."I promise that I will not leave your side until it's over." He kissed the top of my head. I could feel that this made him sad, which somehow made this worse.

"Miss? It's time to get you ready." A lady called from the bedroom door. Harry had left a while ago and I'd tried to read a book Anne had given me about the Packs History. "Alright." I sighed, following her into the bath chamber. The bath was already drawn and the room smelled of the cleansing oils and perfumes she'd be using. The warm water of the bath helped to ease my mind. The woman worked silently, helping me bath. I wasn't used to having different maids everyday. It made me think back to Isabelle. It had only been a short while, but I missed the young human girl and the way talked excitedly about everything. The dress that had been chosen for me was a bit different than the clothes I'd worn before. It was very lose and draped elegantly around me. It had a dainty silver looking belt that was needed to stop the whole thing from falling off long, with thin stands of beading that kept the plunging neckline in place. Even though the dress was very loose and airy, I was still more covered than I usually was. It had Long flowing sleeves that nearly touched the floor. The light blue of the dress and silver trim, suited my pale skin and white hair. If my eyes had gone back to their blue when I was a child, They'd have matched perfectly. I looked in the looking glass at myself one last time before going to meet Anne and Harry.

My heart hammered in my chest as Harry addressed the pack

My heart hammered in my chest as Harry addressed the pack. I was so nervous that I didn't hear a word he'd been saying, just starting wide eyes at him on the balcony. He exuded power and authority. You could easily mistake him for a king. He had the crowd captivated, and it was well aware of it from how he commanded their attention. I was so caught up in admiring him that I didn't hear him call for me until I noticed that he was looking back at me expectantly. I blushed furiously, embraced at myself for missing my cue. Harry Kissed my head and pulled me into his side once I joined him on the Balcony. I stood tall, trying to mimic how Anne was standing. I tried to look like I belonged there, Like I belonged at Harry's side. Fake it 'till you make it rang Nova's teasing voice in my head.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd love for you to meet my beautiful Fiancée Amelia Dayton of Rose Moon." Harry said, his eyes full of fond as he looked down at me. The reactions from the pack were basically what you'd expect. A lot of cheers, some disappointed women, and some shocked faces. I waved to them and smiled. There wasn't really anything for me to say as Harry had said it already and he was The Alpha after all.  "Amelia will be undergoing the process of receiving the pack bond tonight, we invite you to join us for that and our wedding which is to be held a week today, on the full moon." Harry squeezed me slightly in an attempt to comfort me.

I felt like I was going to be sick. I stood in-front of the heavy stone doors of the Lunar Temple. Where my pack had a small clearing in the woods, the Blue Moon pack had an ancient looking temple. The stone was covered in moss and ivy as natured claimed the tall building for its own. The Doors slowly opened with a loud clang! The stone floor of the temple had been polished to look like glass. They reflected the stars and the moon shining in from the open ceiling. There was a beautiful alter at the front and a stunning fireplace that was the only source of light. I put on a brave face as I walked passed the rows of people to meet Harry and the Priestess. The priestess was an old looking woman with hair almost as old as mine. She had to be ancient, easily more than 1000 years old. "Welcome daughter of the Moon Goddess." The Woman said quietly, her voice was sweet and welcoming and she took my hand in hers. I frowned at her greeting, this was the first I'd been called that. I looked at Harry who's brows were also slightly furrowed. "Let get right into it." The Priestess said gently. "Lay your head here on this stone." She directed. I did as I was told, I felt as if I were kneeling in front of a guillotine. I sucked in quick breath as the cold stone touched my chest. "Hear us Goddess. Your daughter comes before you. Lend her strength as we sever her ties to her birth pack so that she may make a new bond. A bond that will last the rest of her life. Be her strength and guide her through this transition." No sooner had she finished speaking, then the worst pain I'd ever felt in my life shot through my body. I screamed in agony as she held a white hot, silver dagger to the back of my neck. The heat would burn the mark off my skin, and the silver would course through my body from the wound and sever my bond with my pack. I could feel my blood burning as the silver went through my bloodstream. Harry held me down so that I didn't move too much and hurt myself. Just as the pain became almost too much to take I felt something snap within me. I cried out a broken sob at the feeling of being disconnected from a pack. It was a different kind of pain. One I felt deep in my soul. My eyes flashed their bright purple as struggled to get a hold of myself. Between the hurting of my soul and the searing in my veins I had nearly lost all control.

After what felt like a millennium I was able to regain control, the pain inside was blocking out the pain from the silver and the burn was healing already

After what felt like a millennium I was able to regain control, the pain inside was blocking out the pain from the silver and the burn was healing already. "Shift child. Accept the pack bond from your NEW Alpha. Swear yourself in fealty to him." I nodded at the Priestess, I was panting already and my skin glistened with sweat as I mustered up the strength to strip off my gown and shift. I was in to much pain to be embarrassed about being naked in-front of everyone. Once I'd shifted, I weakly walked my way over to Harry, who had also shifted since the pack bond could only be done in our wolf forms. I lowered myself in submission to him. Harry nuzzled into my fur briefly, before sinking his teeth deep into the flesh behind my ears. I Whimpered as a new feeling overtook me. I felt my knees going week before everything went black.