Nine

I was called to Dion's office. It's been about a week since Harry brought me back and things were still tense but getting a little better. Dion and I hadn't spoke much, I know he still has some feelings about me taking off and I don't know how to make it go away. The distance between us hurts, Nova is distressed because of it and it's making me jumpy and restless. I knocked on the doors, this will be the first time I've been in here since before the council meeting. "Come in!" Called Dion's voice. I took a deep breath before pushing the heavy oak door open. "You called for me?" I asked quietly, looking at the ground. I hated this. Things shouldn't be like this between us. I have no idea how to act around him not that he's my Alpha, on top of being ashamed of myself for leaving. "Hey Minnie." Dion sighed, running his hand down his face. "I need to talk with you about something..." He said awkwardly as he looked down at some papers on his desk. I nodded and sat down in one of the chairs opposite him. It was so strange to not be on the same side of the desk as him. Strange to have him in charge. "Minnie... Before Father left the council meeting he signed a marriage contract for you." Dion said quietly. My heart stopped and I just starred at him unable to respond. This was really happening. I was still going to me married off. "When do I leave?" I asked, my eyes teared up as I tried not to cry. Dion looked shocked before he collected himself. "Don't you want to know who your mate is?" He asked frowning. "Husband." I corrected."They're my Husband, not my mate. And no, it doesn't really matter does it? These attacks need to stop. They took our mother, now our father, and our pack get smaller and smaller everyday. I'll do what needs to be done." I said, my voice shook a little as I spoke. Dion nodded. "I wish it didn't have to be this way Minnie..." He said sadly, his face ridden with guilt. "Don't please... We knew that this was alway Father's plan. Its no different now." I whispered, allowing a tear to fall. Dion cleared his throat before saying "You leave for the Blue Moon pack in one week. Your engagement will be announced to the pack tomorrow. and you'll be wed on the next full moon. Upon the completion of the marriage pack, the Alpha will send fighters to aid in our fight against the rouges." Dion said, reading off the paper in front of him. I wiped a tear off my cheek and nodded. "Understood Alpha." I said bowing my head and leaving the room without waiting for him to tell me I could go. Once I closed the door, I heard Dion throw something against the wall. I know that he hated that he had to send me away. 

I was going to be Harry's wife. That's why he's here. I should be grateful that it's him and not some other Alpha that I've never met. But at the moment I'm mad and angry. It's now official that I'll never meet my true mate. Not that I'd know anyway I suppose. I look around my room that had been my home for my whole life. I would be leaving here soon for good. I was terrified. I knew that Harry was a good Alpha, or at least I got that impression, but I knew nothing of how he would be as a husband. Getting married at 17 is unusual for werewolves. usually only true mates get married this young. Most are easily at least a century before they start looking for a mate, Like Harry. Why would he want a Luna that's only 17? I had no idea what I was doing. Harry is 126 and that's young for an Alpha. But Harry was unusually powerful. He'd have to be to lead a pack that size and not get challenged. I was forced to push these thoughts aside when someone knocked on my door. "Come in, Harry." I said trying to pull myself together. Harry walked in, looking slightly apprehensive. "Dion told you." He said looking me over. I nodded, my mouth feeling dry. "And how are you?" He asked slowly, looking almost vulnerable. I looked down at the floor before clearing my throat. "I'm okay. I don't want you to think that I don't like you, because I do. You seem really nice and I know that I'm lucky. It could have been any of the Alphas on the council and I'm glad it's you. I'm just kinda shocked. I didn't know that Father had even made a contract and it's all happening so fast! I just found out and the official engagement is happening tomorrow. The wedding is in less than a month! Why would you even want me? I'm practically a child Harry! I don't know the first thing about being a Luna! You're getting the short end of this agreement." I ranted, looking at him with wild eyes. "Why are you laughing?!" I asked exasperated as he let out a small chuckle. "I like seeing you all worked up, you look so passionate. Everything will be alright Pup. Also I can assure you that I'm not getting the short end, Don't sell yourself short. Learning to be a luna will come with time and I already know you'll be an amazing Luna." he said with a fond smile. 

* * *

My maid was helping me get ready for the ceremony tonight. She helped me wash me hair and body  in silence and it made me wonder how Isabelle was. My bath was filled with Moonflower blossoms that gave the room a sweet scent. Moonflower was thought to be a gift from the Moon Goddess and it was the only night blooming flower. Moonflower was used in all cleansing baths before major ceremonies in hopes of gaining the Moon Goddess' favour. My hair was left to air dry into its naturally wavy state. A pearl powder was dusted on my skin so that it would have and almost glowing effect in the moonlight. Once all that was done and my maid was satisfied with how I looked, I got changed into my dress for tonight. It was a deep purple with a gold belt and a deep neckline that went all the way down to the belt, leaving all but my breasts exposed. The material that made up the straps continued on to flow behind my shoulders. Dainty gold chains, with tear shaped sapphires, dangled down across the chest and down the front. The dress was beautiful and I hoped Harry would thing so too. I was so nervous for this ceremony that I'd not been able to eat anything all day, much to the displeasure of many of the staff.