Eleven

Watching my belongings being loaded onto the carriage was heartbreaking. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to marry someone that I hardly knew. I know I had it better than some, at least Harry was a nice man and a strong Alpha. But I felt like I was just another belonging being loaded. I felt like a transaction. In a way thats thats exactly what I was. Goods sold to Harry in exchange for his men. I know my father loved me, but today I felt bitter towards him for signing this deal. Even if it was for the greater good of this pack. A pack that soon wouldn't be mine anymore. That was something that I hadn't really thought of until today. Once Harry and I wed, I'll no longer be a part of this pack. I'll have to join harry's and undergo the painful process of the moon goddess taking away my pack mark and giving me Harry's pack mark. 

"We're just about ready to leave Pup." Harry said with a small, sympathetic smile. I nodded and looked around for Dion but didn't see him. "Can I go find my brother to say good bye?" I asked trying to keep my voice strong. "Of course, Little One" he said, placing his hands on my arms and moving my chin to took at him. "I'll never keep you from your family, Pup. You're welcome to come back to visit. I know this is going to be hard on you." He added, looking me in the eyes. I felt sting of tears in the back of my eyes as I nodded and went to find Dion. 

I went right to his office and knocked lightly on the door, not opening it until I head him beckon for me to come inside. "Didi? I'm leaving soon." I said quietly. He looked up at me with wide eyes. he looked tired and stressed. "Oh. I'm so sorry Minnie. I didn't realize I'd been in here this long" He said sighing and running his hand down his face. "Whats got you so troubled Didi?" I asked walking over to his desk. "You mean besides my twin sister leaving me?" he teased with a sad tone. "With the most recent rouge attack, we lost a lot of people. The low-borns are in a right state and I have no Idea what to do to help them. Father never prepared me for this. I think He didn't expect me to be in this position for another hundred years. Its like he thought he was invincible Minnie. There was something off about him on the day of the battle that hasn't been sitting well with me... The way he spoke..." Dion groaned in frustration and banged his fist on the solid oak desk. "He knew Minnie. He must have known he wasn't going to make it. That's why he had you stay behind." Dion confessed. I blinked rapidly, not sure of how to respond. "He's the one that said in three weeks to send for Harry. How did he know you'd get lost in your wolf for weeks?" I just looked at him stunned, not sure of what to say to that. I never understood why he had kept me at the carriage, it was the first time he hadn't had me along side them. What Dion was saying was impossible... 

"I don't know Didi, but everything will be okay Didi." I said hugging him. "You'll figure this out and Harry's men will be there for you. We'll put an end to the battles one way or another." I said confidently. We stayed hugging each other until someone knocked on the door. "Come in" Didi called switching back into Alpha mode, his moment of insecurity seemingly long gone. He was just like out father that way, able to hide how he felt and put on a flawless mask. Where as I was an open book and couldn't hide my emotions for the life of me. Harry poked his head in through the door with an apologetic look on his face. "Its time to go Darling." He said softly. I took a deep breath to gather myself and nodded. "I love you Didi." I said giving him one last hug. He wiped a tear that had fallen from my eyes and gave me a sad smile "Don't cry little sister. I'll be there at your wedding." he said nudging me with his elbow. I smiled at his and nodded, not trusting my voice to speak. I followed Harry back to the carriage with my head held high, even though my heart was breaking.

AN:/ Please comment and let me know what you think! I've been considering editing it to be and ABO? it that something you guys would be interested in? thank you so much for reading this! I know this is a shorter chapter, but I'll be double updating today. if I didn't end it here this would have been thousands of words long so I split it into two parts! Love you!  

Stay healthy loves! how are you keeping entertained during quarantine?? <3