Nineteen

The Seelie Queen broke from her circle and walked over to me. I was frozen in place, completely captivated. Dion took a step toward me protectively but was stopped by one of the Queens guards. I could feel how anxious Harry was about the whole situation. When the Seelie Queen stopped in front of me she towered over me. She must have been nearly as tall as Harry. The Seelie Queen gently stroked my cheek. Her hand was warm and comforting as if she was made of the sun its self. which in a way she was. Fae were creatures of day and Wolves were creatures of the night. I closed my eyes and leaned ever so slightly into the warm touch. The room was completely silent waiting to see what would soon unfold. She put her finger under my chin and lifted my head. "You really look just like her." She breathed in awe. I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Is this the child?" she asked like she was remembering why she was here in the first place. "Yes your Majesty. This is Melody." I answered, trying to keep my voice calm and even. The Seelie Queen bent down to be at Melody's eye level. "I knew your father. He was a good man. We're going to take good care of you okay petal?" Melody nodded and through her arms around the Seelie queen, causing her to let out a soft laugh. When she stood up she motioned of one of the guards to come and pick up Melody. I gave the girl a quick hug before she was picked up and brought over to the other Fae. "Come Little Goddess. Your Alpha and I have much to discuss." She commanded walking toward Harry with her head held high. Lilu and I walked side by side and I nodded to Didi to let him know that I was okay, just a little shaken. Lilu gave him a smile and a nod that he returned. Lilu had been like an older sister to us growing up. She was a good 200 years older than we were and told us stories of the world outside our pack boarders.

* * * 

We moved out of the thrown room and into the chambers of Harry's privy council where talks could be held away from prying ears. We were all sat at the large wooden table. Harry took my hand and held it under the table in his need to make sure that I'm okay, even though I was never in any real danger. The Seelie Queen broke the silence in the room. "First I'd like the congratulate you on your mating. I know it was just yesterday and our visit is an unexpected stress for a newly mated couple." Harry just nodded and clenched his jaw. I tried to calm him through our bond to no eval. "Thank you, Your Majesty." I said softly with a small smile that she returned easily. "No offence, Your Majesty, but why are you here? You could have had the emissary claim the child. There was no need to come all this way for a single toddler." Harry said in an emotionless tone. "You're correct. I'm not just here for that. I'm here for your Luna." The Seelie Queen said casually. "Our Luna?" Louis asked almost angrily, his fists clenched. The Queen nodded. and looked at me. "You and your wolf have changed. I sensed it the other day." I sucked in a breath and Nova scratched at the surface of my mind. Harry tensed up, knowing exactly what she was talking about. "You are correct, Your Majesty." I said looking down at the table top. "Let me talk to your wolf." The Seelie Queen demanded. some of the other wolves in the room scoffed and harry held onto my hand tighter. I'm not too sure what the big deal was. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, letting Nova have control. "Hello Tatiana."  Nova said. I was shocked with the familiarity that she addressed the Seelie Queen. "Lovely to talk to you again Nova." The Seelie queen said fondly. Everyone at the table was alarmed. Dion was staring at me wide eyes his eyes never looking away from my glowing ones. The voice that came out of my mouth was not my own and had everyone on edge. Nova had only taken control once before and that was with just Harry. "Is it time?" Nova asked the Queen. The queen stiffened slightly but nodded. "Nearly. You'll know when the time comes. get her ready. Selene chose her for a reason." The Seelie Queen said, clearly talking about the Moon Goddess, Selene. Nova nodded and sighed. It felt so strange being merely a passenger in my own body. I Felt Nova pull back and give me back control with no warning causing me to gasp. "Does anyone want to explain what the hell just happened?" Liam demanded looking around the table. The Seelie queen just shook her head and stood up to take her leave. "It goes without saying, that his does not leave this room. This is an order as your Alpha. No one is to know about Nova." Harry commanded his pack using his alpha voice. Didi Nodded in agreement, Harry's orders having no effect of him like is did the rest of us.  "Goodbye Little Goddess. I will be seeing you soon." The Seelie queen said with a small smile. before a portal was opened in the room and all the fae, including Melody, disappeared into it.

"What was that all about?" Dion asked staring at the spot that the Fae had disappeared through. Harry sighed and had his hands over his face. "I don't know. But it can't be good. It never is when the Fae Queen herself gets involved. Last time there was a war." Harry said darkly.