Twenty

AN: I'm so sorry that this update had taken so long! a lot went on in my off line life. I had people move out, new people in, my daughter started school and I'm also in school again! thank you for being patient with me! hope you're all staying safe and healthy! Also this is being written on a phone for formatting may be a bit different

After the visit from the Fae Queen and Nova's little "show and tell", things around the castle were on high alert. People were even more weary of me and my brother than they had been before all this. Harry was tense, still trying to figure out what had happened to Melody's mother. There had been increased rouge activity back home. Didi sent a letter asking Harry to honour the reason behind our mating. Harry and His troops were leaving today. I understood why Harry had to go with them, But I didn't want to be a part from him. Our bond was still so new, and all I wanted was to be around him.

"I love you." I told Harry as he was packing. Harry looked at me with a soft smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "I know, pup. I love you too. I'll be back as soon as I can be." He reassured. "Take good care of our pack Little Luna." He said teasingly. I smiled and nodded. He knew that I would always take care of the pack to the best of my ability. "Your mother has me scheduled for as many lessons as she can possibly fit in while you're away. Taking full advantage." I chuckled, I didn't mind though. I really liked Anne's lessons, even if they were a little boring sometimes. It made me feel the "motherly bond" that I never got to have growing up. These were things that most Luna's would have learned from their mothers that I never got the chance to learn. Not that I didn't have lessons back home, but they were much more generic then what I was learning here.

Anne was teaching me about the history and politics of this pack and the different treaties they have with the surrounding pack and other kingdoms. There are also several Vampire clans that live near by that for the most part don't cause any trouble. but there is the occasional missing human. I was so fascinated by everything that I was learning. Rose moon pack was the only surrounded by wilderness and Rouges.

"I'm glad she'll be keeping you busy." Harry chuckled as he packed the last few essentials he's need while he was away.
"I don't want you leaving the castle while I'm gone unless there is an emergency that can only be handled by the Luna, and even then most of those matters get brought to the Throne Room. You'll have a guard follow you everywhere and there will be two posted outside your door at all times." Harry informed me, looking in my eyes to make sure I got the message. "I don't need all that Harry." I protested quietly with a small frown that probably looked a lot like a pout. "You do. This isn't up for discussion. I need to know that you're safe while I'm gone. It's taking everything I have to leave while you're here without me. please don't fight me on this." Harry said, his voice was soft but still firm. "Yes, Alpha." 

* * *

With Harry gone things at the palace have been quiet. Anne Keeps me busy with lessons and it's a welcome distraction from Harry's Emotions coming through the bond. He's so stressed, hes been gone for a month already and I miss him terribly. As promised I haven't been out of the palace and I'm starting to lose my mind. Nova is in desperate need of a run. "Luna! Luna!" one of the servants yelled snapping out of my thoughts, I let out a defeated sigh before going to see what was going on. "Luna! there is a letter for you!" one of the servant girls said passing me a letter with a seal that I've never seen before. "Its from the vampire court." the girl said in a frightened whisper. "Vampires? what do they want with me?" I wondered aloud and cracked the seal. 

Luna Styles,

It is my wish and pleasure to invite you to court. 

I would like to personally get to know the infamous Little Goddess. 

You and yours will have the utmost protection.

Queen Callidora.