Eightteen

Spending the day with Harry outside of the castle was like spending time in another world. inside the castle things were relatively calm. Everyone kept to themselves, going about their respective jobs. Out side the castle was chaos. Wonderful, energetic chaos. In the market people were yelling and vying for attention to sell their goods. Children were squealing with delight as they played in the streets. There was so much happiness just radiating off of everyone that it was infectious. Small human children ran up to Harry and I offering us flowers and bright smiles. Even though they look and at the moment age the same as werewolf children, the somehow seem so fragile. I'm on the cusp of then time will all but freeze for me so perhaps that is why they seem so fleeting. Like a flame that burns hot and bright but fades quicker. 

It was obvious that Harry was a good Alpha. You could see it in the eyes of everyone that saw him. The admiration in their eyes had Nova preening with pride at our mate. Harry stopped and talked to as many people as he could while still walking and browsing the shop stalls and also being careful to not have me overwhelmed. A slight tug on the hem of my dress pulled me from my thoughts. "Luna?" A small blonde girl asked. I bent down so I was eye level with her and gave her a sweet smile, she looked like she was around 4. "Hello love." Her eyes lit up when I answered her. "You alright?" I asked with a small frown. I could feel the distress that was coming through her scent. The girl's eyes watered and she shook her head before launching herself into my arms and catching me off guard. "I can't find my mommy" She sobbed and my heart broke for the girl. Harry must have felt it through our bond because he was on us in the blink of an eye. "Where did you see her last pup?" I asked, cuddling her into my chest. "She went on a hunt, She didn't come home last night" Harry sucked in a breath when the girl said this. Women hunting wasn't very common usually they stay home with the pups. The girls father was likely gone. "Okay baby. Come wit us and we'll  see what we can do." The child nodded and I picked her up. I sat her on my hip as we walked back towards the castle. Harry didn't stop me from bringing her with us, and I didn't ask his permission. 

* * *

I was in the garden with the little girl who's name I'd come to learn was Melody when Harry's General, Louis, came sprinting down the garden path. "Amelia!" He called in a panic and red in the face from running. "Louis? what's wrong? Is Harry okay?" I asked feeling worried. Louis nodded reassuringly. "You and the child need to come to the thrown room. There's been a development about what to do with the child." He said with a frown, looking at the young girl pick a handful of flowers. "Melody, come with me and Sir Louis okay?" I reached my hand out for the girl but she motioned to be picked up instead. Lifting her up, we followed Louis. 

I'd only been in the thrown room once and it wasn't in an official capacity, I could feel Harry's stress through our bond and it had my heart racing with nerves. The heavy doors were opened and the guard announce us as we walked in. The room was thick with tension and it was easy to see why. There were several armed Fae standing in the room surrounding two women. The shorter of the two women turned around to face me and my face broke out in a wide smile. "Lilu!" My heart jumped in my chest as seeing the former emissary for Rose Moon again. The stunning brunette broke through the circle and charged to me, putting the guards on alert. I put Melody down and broke out in a run to meet her half way. Our bodies collided with a harsh thud. "I've missed you so much!" I said with tears in my eyes. I hadn't seen her since before the ball where I met Harry. She's been off on an assignment and then got reassigned. "I've missed you too moonflower." She whispered kissing my cheek. I tried and failed to hold back a sob  at the nickname I missed hearing. "Shh, calm child." Lilu said using a small amount of her magic to settle my emotions. A feeling of bliss overcame me and I relaxed into her arms. "Much has happened and we've much to discuss." Lilu said pulling back and looking deep into my eyes like she did when she was trying to see if I was okay. Her large green eyes softened a little and she gave me a sad, knowing smile before letting me go. I gestured for Melody to come join us. I'd suspected that she may have been a fae child earlier in the day and this confirmed it for me. She smelled too much like flowers to be full wolf. Melody took my hand eagerly and looked around the room with wide eyes. 

The woman that had been with us cleared her throat and claimed our attention. I sucked in a shocked breath as I realized that she was the Seeliee Queen. "Your Majesty. It's an honour to meet you." I said curtsying in respect. The Seeliee Queen irradiated power, you could feel it all through the room. she was the strongest being in this room by far. Her tan skin was flawless and seemed to almost have a golden sheen to it. Her large green eyes stood out in a stunning contrast and swirled with magic. "The pleasure is all mine, Little Goddess." She said affectionately.