Date | San |

You checked the time once again. 7:18, it read.

"He should be here," you said to no one.

You're seating in your couch while waiting for your boyfriend to arrive. Tonight was suppose to be your date. A movie date.

He told you to wait for him because he will pick you up. But it has been an hour since you prepare and he still hasn't arrived.

But you still wait. Because you love him. Even though it's always like this, you can endure it... for him.

Your phone vibrates and you look at it expecting him to tell you to open the door because he's already there.

But expectations are far from reality.

Yes, it's a message from him but the message says the contrary.

"I can't pick you up, Y/N. Just go to the cinema. I'll be there."
~My Love

"But he promised he'll pick me up," you whispered to yourself while staring at your phone.

You just shook your head and brush off the thought.

You pick up your beige sling bag and check if you forget anything. After your bag, you check yourself on the mirror. You're wearing a purple dress that reach in the middle of your legs. The sleeves are long and a bit flowy. You match it with a beige heels.

You look at yourself. You tried to cover your sad eyes with a fake smile. A fake smile that could cover anything.

You just sighed and walk out of the house. You take a cab to the cinema.

And when you got to the cinema, your boyfriend wasn't there.

"I'll wait for him," you told to yourself and seat on a vacant chair in the waiting area.

That's what you always do, wait for him. You don't mind if he's late. As long as he's with you, you don't care anymore.

You love him. And your love for him is enough to give you this patience.

Your past dates, he's always late. If not late, he will cancel it saying that he can't come because he's busy.

Sometimes, when you're opening that topic, you would end up mad at each other.

"Y/N! I told you I'm busy!"

"You're always busy! You don't even have a time for me! You would always tell me that you're busy! When will you have a free time?!"

"And now you're questioning me?! For goodness's sake, Y/N! I'm stressed in my work so please don't add!"

"And now I'm the cause of your stress?"

"If I say yes?"

"Babe... please? I'm just asking for your time."

"And babe, you know how stressful my work is. I can't give you time." He would walk out and would leave you crying.

Sometimes you just want to give up. But you couldn't. Your love for him is stronger than his attitude.

People started staring at you now. You're still alone and it's been almost half of an hour.

You check the time for the nth time. 8:02, it read.

You started to loose hope that he will come. But then, you felt a pair of arms wrapped around you.

"I'm sorry babe, I'm late. It's so traffic outside." It was a guy. He have a black hair with red highlights, a narrow eyes and deep dimples.

He bring his lips closer to your ears. You thought he will kiss you so you flinch a bit.

"Just go with the flow," he whispered. You're not that dumb not to know what he's talking about.

He's acting like your boyfriend so you would be save from the judgemental stares of people around you.

"It's okay, b-babe. I'm just a bit early 'cause I'm excited tonight," you responded as you stood up. You did as what he's told. He might be a stranger but you felt a safe vibes around him.

"I brought some flowers for you as today is our monthsarry." He handed you the bouquet of flower he's holding.

"Thank you."

"Shall we get some snacks?" he asked and you nod. Both of you went to the snack booth and buy some.

"I'm San, Choi San," the stranger introduced himself.

"L/N Y/N. Thank you for saving me from humiliation, Mr. Choi."

"Just call me San."

"Okay, San." You smiled at his friendly attitude. "But, are these flowers for someone else?"

"No. Those are really for you." You gave San a confused look.

"I was watching you the whole time, Y/N. And you keep looking at your watch then around. You might be waiting for someone but that someone didn't arrive. I made a guess that it's your boyfriend. So I brought some flowers outside and pull the act," San said as you two walk to the ticket booth.

You were fluttered with all the effort he made. The fact that he even brought flowers only for you. Your boyfriend won't ever do that. Even if he's late or not.

"Thank you so much, San."

"You're welcome, Y/N. I would do anything to those who I love." You stopped in your tracks while he pay for the movie ticket.

You pick up your phone when you recover and text your boyfriend.

"Hey you jerk! We're over! I already found someone better than you. Someone who makes effort and give their time to me! Don't talk to me ever again!"

"Who was that?" San asked when he got the tickets.

"My boyfriend— oops, ex-boyfriend."

"Ex?"

"I broke up with him," you plainly said as you two walk towards the cinema.

"Why?"

"I hate him for not valuing me. And I.." You look at him. "found someone else much better than him. Someone I already love the first time I met him. Someone who save me from humiliation," you said as you enter the cinema.

And that was the best unplanned date ever.