Chapter 2: "What makes a Gentleman"

[ATLAS]

I've been staring at the people, who are going berserk for a little while now. Sometimes I really wonder, if I am not wasting my time here or what I could've done at this moment instead of being in this place.

A girl chugs a huge glass filled with alcohol. The crowd around her scream like crazy as she managed to swallow it. She looks wasted already.

I'm not used to drinking much, but I sure can drink more than 5 cups of alcohol without, getting dizzy. What the hell am I talking about again? Who am I trying to impress?

I scrunch my face in disgust and turn my attention to the man beside me. I'm not used to his stares. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

"I haven't introduced myself properly yet." Zero seems embarrassed for his action. He looks like an important person, mysterious and strict. So why the sudden character switch?

I smile and place my 5th cup on the table behind me. "No need. I know, your name is Zero."

I expect him to leave me, but unfortunately he doesn't. "So you are paying attention afterall?"

"What?" I confusingly raise my eyebrows at him.

He just grins, revealing his deep dimples. Oh goodness, he looks different! "I was just wondering, why a young woman like you would hang out with those guys?"

Curious, I see. I don't feel like wanting to build a friendship with this weirdo. He asks too many questions.

I inhale deep in, before speaking my mind out. "Same question to you. You don't seem like you belong here."

That was a bit to harsh I guess, but the faster and direct I reply, the less I have to speak.

Zero avoids my eyes for a while. He then turns to look at me with a small smile on. "Did I do something wrong, for you to hate me already?"

The confused look on his face says it all. He's not used to cold and direct replies.

"I am just being honest." I say.

His cold grey eyes are pierced at me once again. For the first time, I feel defenseless and frightened. Something about his dangerous look tells me that I'm underestimating him way too fast. " I don't think so. You seem like a nice person. Why do you cover yourself up with that mean attitude?"

His words stabbed straight to my heart. Why does he have to ask so many questions? No one has ever asked me that before. People get provoked and leave me alone, but this guy here stays for answers.

I nervously laugh and lean back. "Who said I am mean? Maybe you are just way too sensitive."

Zero amusingly smiles at me. Even if he looks attractive, it still annoys me that he's smiling. I feel like he's trying to make a fool out of me. "That's what I mean. You say things that don't suit you at all."

Who does he think he is? I have just known him for some minutes and now he's acting like he knows me!

I roll my eyes and glare back at him. "And you are starting to get on my nerves. Listen, I don't know you and you don't know me. Why don't we just stop talking to each other and part ways? In that way, no one gets hurt and annoyed. Deal?" I place my right hand infront of the bastard.

Zero let's out a small grunt and stares at the floor. "Excuse me. I just need a moment."

I feel the blood boiling inside of me. First, he acts all innocent. Second, he sees through me. And Third, he really wants to provoke me!

"I really tried my best to be kind around you. Yet, you are freaking annoying me and pushing me to my limits! What the hell do you want?" I yell at him and sense stares from the crowd around us.