Chapter 22: "Serendipity"

[ATLAS]

"Zephyr! Shove your ass somewhere else!" Lyric growls as he tries to push his brother away from him. I grin as I watch them glare at each other.

"My ass chooses to seat here." Zephyr coldy mutters and grabs the console off his hands.

"No-! DAMN IT!" Lyric's character dies, making me the winner.

I send him a victorious smile. "I won. You owe me a meal."

My stepbrother groans and then whines. "That's not fair! Zephyr distracted me!"

"You could've hit me."

Lyric shakes his head and sends him a glare. "You would've killed me if I did so!"

The older one grins and sends me a wink, before turning back to look at him again. "I know."

So mean. Reminds me of myself though.

I grin as I watch them fight over little things again.

It's been 2 days already and I'm starting to get used having them around. I never expected this to turn out well. Thanks to Zero, I found out that Zephyr just looks intimidating and isn't mad at me.

Violet suddenly appears in the living room and sends me a smile. I'm still not used to having her around me though and she's still getting on my nerves, whenever I see her.

"I need you three to come to the dining table, please." Her angelic voice is pissing me off, like is she doing this on purpose or not?

"Why, mom?" Lyric groans, while Zephyr is already walking to the dining room. I found the mommy's boy in this house.

"We need to talk." She says and waits for us to stand up. Ugh! Not again!

My stepbrother forcefully stands up from the couch and taps me on my shoulder. He sends me a small smile. "Let's go." I stand up aswell for Lyric's sake.

My dad is already sitting and waits for the four of us to join him. He looks stressed and is strangely quiet for once. Is he finally going to tell us why he left me and my mom behind? And why he went to a divorced woman, who has children already?

He breaths deep in as he stares at me. I have good roasts prepared for situations like this, but since I need to know what he's about to say,  I remain quiet.

"Atlas. I don't know where to start." He honestly admits, causing me to grunt and roll my eyes back.

Yeah, I know that.

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" I lean back and send him a look. Again, It doesn't really bug me if I appear disrespectful to him.

Lyric and Zephyr quietly stare at me. They seem uncomfortable with my behaviour.

"Don." Violet reaches for his hand and gives him a comforting smile. "Tell them the truth. It's now or never."

He returns it back and stares back at me. "You're right."

I'm honestly disgusted by this couple. I try my best not to stand up and rush to my room. Lyric notices my stares and nudges his foot to mine.