Chapter 6: "Confusion"

[ATLAS]

I woke up early. Not because I want to hurry up and see his ugly face. It's because I jog in the morning to maintain my shape. Besides that, my motorcycle is in his hands. I don't trust him. Although Aubrey told me that they are related, it is hard to trust him. He is the complete opposite of her. So in what way are they related?

Right now, I'm sitting opposite my mom in the dining room. I decided to skip breakfast and relax, before I jog around.

I perceive my mom's stares and try my best to ignore her further. Did she noticed something weird?  Have I done something wrong?  I place my book to the side after a while.

"Yes, mom?"

She places her cup slowly on the table, sending me the mom look. The look on her face tells me that something is wrong. I don't like this feeling at all.

"You woke up early today." She points out, making me sigh in relief. That's the reason why she was staring at me?

"Yeah, I'm about to do my daily jogging routine." I say.

"Jogging, huh?" A small smirk curves up from the corners of her lips. "You know, you can be honest with me. If you are going to meet someone then-"

What is she talking about?  I squint my eyes at her. "I'm not."

"It's Sunday." She continues to dig into my mind. "You are usually in your bed, sloughing and watching in your computer."

Darn it! Moms are indeed scary! Since I feel uncomfortable sitting infront of her, I stand up and give her a quick kiss on her cheek. "I have to go now, see ya later."

As I walk towards the door, I hear her soft chuckle. "Make sure to introduce me to your new friend."

~•~•~•~

Ugh! A friend, huh?! Why does that frustrate me so much?

Zero is just a guy, who is going to repair my motorcycle and after that, we won't be seeing each other. Just like strangers. That's what we are.

After a few rounds around my neighbourhood and couple of attempts trying to breath again, I decided to drive my bicycle to his place. There's no way I'm going to wait for him to pick me up and drive me there. He told me to wait in the nearest bus station from my flat (since I didn't want him to know where I'm living) and no, I am not going to do that. To be frank, I also just wanted to burn calories by riding the bicycle. Doesn't matter if I appear sweaty infront of him and he gets disgusted. Actually, that is one of my main goals anyways.

What should I say? The whole ride took me a whole damn hour. With my motorcycle I would be here in just 20 minutes. I swear, I'm missing it already.

I park, hehehe... I place my bicycle next to the blue building and knock on the door. It is quite silent and empty here.

The door gets opened in just a few seconds and I spot the ugly man. Zero's hair looks messy, he's wearing sporty clothes for the first time and he looks like he just woke up.

"Good morning." He says with a smile on his face. If only he weren't such a jerk, I would actually find him quite attractive.

"Morning."

He leads me inside and shuts the door behind us. In the middle of the room stands my motorcycle. The room still looks messy and dirty. I just noticed that the couch is a bed-couch. 

"You just woke up, I assume." I spot a little smile on his face.

"You're early today." He says and I groan.