Chapter 17:" All the little things"

[ATLAS]

I get surprised everday. May it be the phenomenon or the squad. Atleast that's what I wished that happened today.

Yes, It's the first time I've ever felt this nervous before.

"You're going to stay at your father's place for a week." That sentence shot me straight into my heart like a bullet.

There's no fucking way I'm doing that!

"Mom-" I try to talk, but my tongue feels twisted. I can't even bring out a tune!

"I got told to work in California during your winter break. It's just right. While I'm gone for a week, you get to spend some time with him. He wants to see you." My mom calmly mutters a she awaits for my answer. I feel so frustrated and twisted!

Want to see me?! How dare he! After all these years, he wants to meet me? Who does he think he is!

I bawl my fists together and gulp down my curse words. "I can stay alone for a week! I'm 17!"

She gives me a look and sighs. What's the matter now?! Her hands reach for mine as she stares deep into my eyes. "I know, you hate your father."

"Then why are you forcing me to see him?" I squint my eyes at her as she looks away. "You hate him too, don't you? He left us for another woman! Why even bother showing up in his flat!"

Her face expression shows sadness out. I don't understand.

"You'll know the truth sooner or later anyways." She whispers.

What?

"Mom, what do you mean?" I raise my eybrows, while she sends me a tight smile and strokes my arm.

"Please do me this favour and meet him. He wants to talk to you."

"Why?" Why the fuck should I?

"No matter what happend, he's your father." She sighs and lets go off me. "He already paid for your flight next week. So, please take this opportunity to talk to him."

I don't understand! He left us! Do you call that a 'father'? Who does he think he is?!

Instead of saying that I bawl my fists tight as I bark, "Did he really thought of me this low? How dare he! I may be his daughter, but I grew to hate him! Now he expects me to meet him? He can't force me!" It hurts thinking or even talking about him. My eyes are burning and I'm getting more pissed.

Look what he has done to me! I'm a fucking mess!

Her chocolate orbs remain on me. "Atlas-"

"I'm not going!" I yell and stomp away from her. She keeps calling for me as I rush towards my black motorcycle.

I'm sick of it! Why does he have to appear into my life, after I've been trying so hard to live without him?!

~•~•~•~

I cruised around Texas and ended up standing infront of Aubrey's block. I don't know what I'm doing here myself. I suppose I'm just quite upset after hearing that I have to spend a week with my father.

Argh! What the hell am I even doing here?!

I was about to take my leave, when suddenly a voice prevents me from doing so. "Atlas? What are you doing here at this hour?"