Chapter 24:"Way Back Home"

[ATLAS]

I can't believe that the week has passed by so fast. I honestly wished I could stay longer. Mainly, now that I know that I have savage older brothers.

I packed my last pair of jeans to my suitcase and then leave the room. On my way down the stairs I notice my stepbrothers waiting for me. Violet and dad stare back at me as I walk down. Time to go now, I guess.

Violet pulls me into a hug and sniffs. "I'm going to miss you lots, Atlas. Make sure to visit us soon again, okay?"

I catch myself smiling and carefully place my hand to her back. "Don't worry, Violet. I'll be back soon."

Yes, I did hate her. But I learned to forgive and accept her. Now that it happend, I can't do anything. Why should I ignore her now?

My father seems surprised by my action and smiles. I'm still not okay with him though. He knows that.

As I release myself from her I stare at my old man. "We'll see us soon. Have a safe trip, my child...I love you, Atlas." He wants to hug me, but I pass by him. It still hurts. He can't act like nothing happend!

Zephyr takes my suitcase and places it to his car. They decided to drive me to the airport, since I didn't want my dad to bring me.

"I don't wanna say goodbye." Lyric says and sniffs beside me, during our ride. Aww, he's being emotional.

Despite him being 20 years old and grown up, he still acts like a kid. I smile and lay my head to his shoulder, making him lay his head on mine.

"I won't take long. We'll see us again and we'll have lots of fun! Okay?" I say and feel emotional after seeing his reddish eyes. Damn it, Lyric! Don't cry!

He forcefully smiles at me. "I'm gonna miss you, little girl." He wraps his arms around me and I giggle.

"I'm gonna miss ya too, big boy."

Zephyr stares at us from his rear view mirror. "Aww, so sweet. It's making me puke!" He chuckles as Lyric kicks his seat.

"Shut up! Aren't you emotional?" He yells.

"Why should I? It's not like we're not going to see her anymore." My eldest brother says.

He has a point in that.

"You cold hearted freak!"

"You're just sad about the fact, that no one is going to save you." Zephyr winks at me and I grin.

Whenever they fight, I'm always there to seperate them. But now that I'm not around no longer, I think they are going to kill each other.

"SHUT UP!" Lyric pouts, making me laugh.

We picked up Zero, since we both have to leave today. Still fascinating how he manages to stick around me until Canada. When I leave, he leaves too.

"This is it then." I say and stare at my brothers. They both look sad and it's hard for me to let them go. They grew to me. I wish they could come to Texas with me...

I pull the both of them into a hug and they wrap me with their huge arms. I'm seriously gonna miss them.

"Stay cool, little girl. Don't talk to strangers! Kick the balls if you have to! And-" I laugh at Lyric trying to take the role of a parent. Isn't he sweet?

"Don't worry, big boy." I assure him.

"She has Zero afterall." Zephyr suddenly says, causing me to release myself off them and glare as they grin back.