Chapter 21:"Surviving the Walkers"

[ATLAS]

I woke up with a headache. As I try to observe the unfamiliar room, I groan. Shit! It isn't a dream! I'm really here!

I arrived here yesterday. Canada sure has a freezing cold weather. I spent my day in my room without anyone bugging me, except for Lyric, my stepbrother. He came back from his work and ate diner with me, even though Violet called me downstairs, I refused to. He's the only one, who's trying to get closer to me and since he's really nice, I gave in. Zephyr, on the other hand, is an ass. He's being cold towards me, but that's okay. Atleast Lyric isn't like that. It'll be a pain in the ass if they both hated me.

I quietly sneak out my room after a while. I freeze as I hear Zephyr and dad talking to a familiar voice downstairs.

Oh, don't you fucking tell me it's- This isn't a dream, is it?!

I've never felt so nervous before as I rush down the stairs like a maniac. I spot the two broad men, covering the view.

"is here...Why are you asking?" Dad murmurs.

"Sir, I only need to know if Atlas arrived here safely-" The person trues to speak and I inhale deep in.

I knew it. There's only one person I know, who speaks this politely.

"She's fine! Go home already!" Zephyr coldy barks.

Dad notices me and raises his eyebrows at me. "Atlas?" Just as he said that my stepbrother looks at me aswell.

I push myself in between the broad men and stare at Zero Griffin. What the fuck is he doing here!?

He looks surprised and yet, gives me a genuine smile. "Good morning, Atlas." He acts like everything is normal, despite getting in an argument with my family.

"Zero! What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You know him?" My dad seems surprised, while Zephyr looks annoyed. Boy, you better keep your attitude to yourself!

"Yes." I honestly say and glare at the phenomenon, who's innocently looking back at me. You're so dead!

"Is he your boyfriend?" Lyric appears with his pyjama on. Zephyr and Dad stare at me, while Zero patienly waits for my answer.

So frustrating!

"No, he's not!" I yell and grab the phenomenon by his wrist. "We need to talk!"

He stubbornly stands still and doesn't let himself get dragged away. What's wrong with him now?! He stares at dad and my two stepbrothers, who are just staring back.

Is he seriously waiting for permission?!

"You may go, but you have to come back soon. We'll have breakfast." My dad calmly says and walks away with Zephyr. What the hell?!

Lyric sends me an amusing grin and shuts the door afterwards. They've got it all wrong!

"What do you want to talk about?" The 'oh so great' gentleman asks after a while.

It's freezing cold and I'm in my fucking pyjamas, just to talk with this jerk! Gawd... But I do admit, I feel a bit better now that I know he's here. I can talk to someone I know.

I squint my eyes at him. "Why the hell are you here and how did you know, where I am living?"

He tilts his head to the side. "I have my reasons and ways."