Chapter 3: "The beginning of a friendship"

[ATLAS]

I'm messed up. Did I mention that already?

Gawd...

Even in my dreams he haunts me. Like what is wrong with him? Good thing, we won't meet again.

"Atlas, we're here now." I sense my mom's eyes on me and forcefully open my heavy eyelids. I sigh as my head starts to painfully thromb again.

I should have gotten home earlier yesterday, so I could've slept way longer. But heck nah! I got held back by a freaking douchebag and sexist, called Zero.

I swear, that stranger messes with my head way too much.

"Atlas?"

Stop thinking about him!

"Yes, mom. I'm going now." I grab my bagpack and kiss her cheek, before leaving her car.

"See you later!" She says. I wave in response and walk away.

My mom decided to bring me to school today and that's okay, since I have to repair my motorcycle anyways.

As I walk past the stupid people, I can still sense my mom looking at me.

Why do I feel like she knows that I am hiding something?

Or am I just being delusional?

~•~•~•~

I haven't come across Corey yet. If only I could see him now.

It's not like I miss him.

I just need more informations about his weird friend called 'Zero'.

I need to know how to provoke him in a way, once I come across him ever again. Which I highly doubt though.

Hell yeah! I will make him lose his cool!

Pushing that aside, I haven't made any friends yet and I'm here for a month already.

Lakeside is filled with teenagers. The only thing is not everyone thinks and acts like me. They are all a bunch of idiots.

But still I wonder. How would it feel like to have a soulmate?

Someone, who shares the same interests and acts just like you.

Staring at these highschool kids, makes me really wish I could have that.

They are all laughing and smiling. I want to be part of it...

What the hell?! Don't think that way, Atlas! You are better on your own!

I need a distraction. The pack of Skittles are on my right pocket and on the left side are my cigarettes.

The lust in stuffing the stick is taking control over me, but that means I have to walk out of school and try to take it secretly. Great...

This is my first year in this stupid school and all I'm thinking about is getting into trouble again. After my parents' divorce, my mom and I decided to move out from Iowa to start a new life. Even in my old school, I was an outsider. I never really talked to people, mainly because I was that weird kid. Now, I'm stuck in a state called Texas. Sounds nice and all, but honestly, I am living in a countryside instead of a city. A huge change, huh? Mommy believed that this would help me get rid of stress and help me find peace, but it is just annoying. I have to drive for half an hour to arrive in the nearest town.