Chapter 16:"Flappy Bird"

[ATLAS]

Today we have PE with the boys. Apparently our gym teacher, Mrs. Flickinger is sick and we don't have any substitute teachers, who want to take over.

Tsk, how poor and stupid this school can be sometimes.

I watch the guys play dodgeball. They're literally screaming and throwing the ball as if their life depended on it.

It looks like Wolrd War III has started. Haha, get it?

Aubrey silently nudges me. "I don't want to play with them. They're aggressive." Her green eyes are filled with concern, causing me to grunt.

"They aren't." I know, I'm lying to myself.

"Stop lying." She sighs.

"Am not."

We spot Jax carefully walking towards his gym teacher, who's a buff man. The nerd looks like a small child next to him.

I wonder, what they're talking about.

The gym teacher angrily glares at him and yells. "Clifford! That's not an excuse! You're going to freakin' play, wether you like it or not!"

The nerd beggingly looks at him. "Sir, please. I'm going to die in there!"

He tried to get away from danger. Aww, how sad.

"You're not! Stop pissing yourself, Son! Be a man!" Right as the teacher had said that Corey gets a ball smashed straight to his face, sending him flying to the back, like a light feather. I unintentionally grunt, since it looks surreal. While the girls shriek beside me, after witnessing the idiot's death.

What? It's funny... and ouch, I heard his nose break.

"IN YOUR FACE! HAH!" Brett laughs out loud after seeing his mate fall down at the other corner. Next to him is the phenomenon smiling aswell.

What supportive friends they are.

Corey stands up as if nothing happened and lifts his thumbs up, sending him a crooked grin although blood is dripping off his nose. "I'm fucking fine!"

This is why Jax doesn't want to join them. They're aggressive as fuck.

"See! I told you so. " The teacher gives Jax a look, causing him to frown. He knows, he will be the next target.

I wouldn't want to play either, if I have to be honest.

~•~•~•~

[ZERO]

"Alright! Gather in your teams!" Mr. Sheldon mutters and blows on his  whistle.

Brett, Aubrey and Corey are in a team together. My stepsister looks fragile beside them. I just hope they protect her.

While I am at the same team as Jax and Atlas. I could say I'm pretty lucky to be in a team with her.

I do admit, that I can't take my eyes of Atlas, despite the attention some girls at our side give me. She just looks good in her basic baggy shirt and jogging pants. Her hair is tied up in a ponytail and looks innocent in a way. Cute.