Chapter 13: "Midnight talks"

[ATLAS]

"Sleepover?!" I almost yell through my phone. We had a good conversation until she mentioned that.

Aubrey just chuckles. "Yes! Today at
8pm in my house. The guys will be here too!"

She's nuts!

"Why would the guys even be there? Do your parents even allow that?!" I'm trying to find excuses, just for this to not take place.

Don't get me wrong, I just don't want to hurt her feelings and decisions, but sometimes they don't make any sense.

I hear her sigh. "They are fine with it. Stop finding excuses and move your ass here!" Just like that she hangs up.

Yes, that was Aubrey McCrae. The honest and stubborn friend of mine.

I chaeck the time and noticed that it's 7pm already. With a little hope, I walk down the stairs and search for my mom.

"Mom, I was invited to a sleepover with guys." I smile as she widens her eyes at me.

Good! This is surely it! Now I don't have to feel guilty for canceling meeting Aubrey.

"Is that true? A sleepover with-"

I walk towards her and point at my phone. "Guys, yes. Now if you'll please just dial this number and tell her that I can't attend the-"

"Why should I? You should totally go!"  My mom creepily smiles at me, causing me to back away.

Are you serious right now?! I forgot how much she would pray for something like this to happen. Shit!

"Mom! I can't believe what I'm hearing!" I'm disappointed.

She shakes her head and tries to comfort me. "This is exciting! You might meet your highschool sweet heart! Isn't that dreamy?"

I feel like I'm the only one, who's matured.

~•~•~•~

That is how I got stuck up with 4 idiots and a naive girl. Licht got told to stay in his room and not disturb, although we wouldn't actually have mind. I honestly missed that kid.

"Guys." Brett murmurs in the circle.

"What is it?" Corey asks.

"We should sleep early and wake up at 5 am." He spontaneously says.

We give him a confused look as he continues staring at his card.

"Why?" Aubrey asks.

The model looks up from his cards and smiles, like a little kid. "So we can sing and watch The Backyardigans together!"

For real now?!

We laugh out loud as he looks irritated. "What?"

"Bruh, go burry yourself!" Jax chuckles.

"Mane, you're a 19 year old grown ass man!" Corey adds.