Chapter 5: "Crossing paths"

[ATLAS]

It's weekend.

The perfect day to finally get my motorcycle repaired. I need to search for the mechanic Aubrey has recommended me to go to. She said she is related to him and that he is good at it. I trust her and decided to go.

I'm in a place somewhere far away now. This location reminds me of the country movies my father used to watch, when I was younger. Dry and filled with land. Thinking about those days will just make me depressive. I shake my thoughts off and hurry to the blue coloured shop.

The doors are closed though. I knocked for a couple of times, but no one seemed to have heard me. Aubrey said, I should just knock. "Hello? Is someone inside? " I say loud enough for someone to hear me.

I hear a loud noise coming from the back garage. It's either they didn't hear me or they are ignoring me on purpose.

I forcefully walk behind the blue block and spot a muscular man lying underneath a car. At first my heart skipped a beat, since I thought that he was burried. But then I took a closer look and finally breathed out in relief. The man was just lying and not moving for a while. He seems tired. The room itself is small and messy. There's a small couch on the window side. Creepy.

"Excuse me, Sir?" I duck in order to get his attention. He doesn't look bad. I mean, his defined muscle twitch, whenever he moves.

Why do I feel like, I'm not going to like this?

I carefully touch his arm to get his attention and it causes him stop moving. Bad Idea.

The man wasn't just a man. He carefully rolls back and stands up from the car. His upper body is ripped, but is stained with dark ash or oil. Even though his body looks attractive and kinda distracting, my eyes seek for his face first.

Out of all people, it had to be him. I internally curse and want to storm the hell out of here.

Zero looks surprised at me, while he wipes his hands with a dirty handchief. "Atlas."

The way he speaks my name send shivers to my spine. I'm utterly disgusted. That's it. I just have to leave now and find another automechanic. A win-win situation for the both of us. No one dies of cringeness.

I stare at the grey eyed monster, before screaming. "Hello?! Is someone else here?!... Someone? No?" After not getting any answers at all, I forcefully look back at him. He stares insulted at me, making me feel much more better. "You're the owner?" I raise my eyebrows at him and he just nods.

"What brings you here?" He still remains his cold stare at me. This might look stupid right now. I don't blame him. Why should a person you hate the most suddenly appear infront of you? This looks so wrong.

I awkwardly press my lips together, avoid his eyes and slowly back away. It's a thing I do, when I don't want to appear too rude. "Yeahhh, awkward. I was told to come here and didn't know you were running this shop. Just get back to working and I'll walk away, alright?" I lift my thumbs up and send him a forced tight smile.

The phenomenon doesn't seem to be in a mood for a normal conversation. He raises his eyebrows as he continues staring at me. "No."
Wait, what?

"No?" I ask.

He lifts the corners of his mouth."You came all the way here and now you expect me to let you go back?"

What is wrong now? He is confusing me. I am slightly annoyed, but that's cause he's being weird again. "Yes."

"No." He sighs and takes steps closer to me. I don't know why I'm walking backwards and why my heart is pounding so fast. Is it because of his sudden approach or the fact that he has a hot body? I don't know.