Chapter 19:"Exposing The Truth"

[ATLAS]

"We need to talk."

The sentence every kid fears to hear from a parent, am I right?

My mom woke me up and it's fucking weekend. She never wakes me up on the weekends. It seems like something serious happend and I'm starting to get anxiety.

"Yes, mom?" I mutter and take a sit beside her. The only sound filling the room is the clock ticking.

She looks stressed and troubled. I wonder what it's about...

"Is it true?" Her eyes are pierced at me.

Shit! What did she find out? That I got chased by the police men for driving too fast, for buying alcohol and illegal things or for sneaking out at night? What did she find out?

I gulp and try to play it cool. "What is true?"

She angrily slams her phone on the table as she breaths in. "The school principal called me this morning. He said, they caught you smoking."

Oh fuck. How could I forget!

"Mom-" I try to find an acceptable excuse, but she shakes her head.

"So it is true. You're going to Cananda!" She settles things for herself making me widen my eyes.

WHAT?!

"No! I am not going!" I angrily yell as she stares at me.

"You are! I thought about keeping you here, but you've been behaving recklessly behind me! You need help." Her words stab me straight into my heart. I feel my eyes burning.

Is she fucking serious right now?! The only one, who needs help is she herself!

"I did a mistake! But that doesn't give you the right to force me into something-" She slams her hands on
the table and tears up infront of me.

Fuck. I don't want to see her cry again. I promised that to myself. 

I remain silent as she wipes the tears away.

"I failed as a mother! You should go to your father! He can fix you, I'm sure of it." She's talking bullshit!

"Mom!" I yell and feel the first tear running down my cheeks. "You didn't fail, dad has! He is the reason why I'm smoking!" I spit out, but she's still blaming herself for all of this.

"What else have you been doing behind my back?" She quietly murmurs.

That's it. I'm done. Why does life hate me so much?! Why can't I do anything right?!

Without hesitating I grab my phone and leave. My heart aches with every step I take.

"Atlas! Come back!" I hear my mom yelling for me.

~•~•~•~

I grab my phone out, after parking my motorcycle. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do now. I made my mother cry. She knows what I've been doing and now she forces me to Canada.