reflection - 2014/2016 leo x !daughter reader

Reflection - 2014/2016 Leo x !Daughter Reader

────────────────────

Request- PastelColoredZarkon

It's 15-16 years after the 2016 movie and Leonardo has a daughter who has inherited his eyes and his strength, but the reader has gotten most of their traits from her her mother who is unknown due to complications during giving birth. The reader wants to be more independent, but they don't have the confidence to do anything. Leo is in a slump watching as people walk over his daughter.

────────────────────

Leonardo watches as his daughter, (Y/N), walks into the lair. She drags her bag and sighs, plopping onto the couch. "Hey sweetie, how was school?" Leonardo lightly smiles but (Y/N) doesn't. "I don't know, okay I guess?"

This makes Leo frown, not sure what to do. He knows that (Y/N) has been having trouble at school with some of the other kids walking over her. She's a sweet girl but she just doesn't have to confidence to do anything about it. 'Just like her mother..'

(Y/N) goes off to her room and lands face first on the bed. She begins to think about the same thing, over and over again. 'Everyone looks up to my dad for all the great he's done and how confident and strong he is..it's like everyone is expecting the same from me but I just can't do it.'

(Y/N) gets up and goes over to the mirror in her room. She looks into it but isn't sure what she exactly sees. 'If I'm not strong like my dad, what will the others think? I'm his daughter..shouldn't I be like him? We've got the same eyes and we're both strong but, it's completely different for me. I can't hide who I really want to be.'

"Why is my reflection someone I don't know?" (Y/N) frowns. She turns her head to the sound of her door sliding open. Her dad frowns and comes into the room.

"(Y/N), can we talk?"

The girl nods and sits down on her bed.

"I just wanna know what's up with you? Is something wrong? I know something's up."

(Y/N) sighs and looks away, unsure of what to say. "Well..it's just, I don't know- it's not important."

Leonardo reassures her that he's always here for her and that anything she has to say.

"It's just, it feels like I'm gonna let everyone down. It kinda feels like everyone expects me to do great things just because you're my dad and for mom..."

Leo frowns. "(Y/N)...I'm sorry. It's my fault, I'm always putting so much on you for training and I never even realized it's been stressing you out. I just wanna let you know that you are your own person, you don't have to be exactly like me- me, your uncles and auntie April love you just for who you are, always."

(Y/N) smiles and hugs her father, "I love you dad."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."

────────────────────

GOD IM SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG AND IM SORRY IF ITS NOT TO YOUR LIKING I WASNT REALLY SURE WHAT TO WRITE AHHH :( Hope it's alright? ❤️🥺