Chapter 4 - The Cerulean Scheme

Sienna gave me pointers on how the men liked their drinks and food to be served. One of the main rules of the Cerulean scheme was that you weren't allowed to leave your tray on the table or interact with the working men as they were all busy. Even if they didn't look busy - they were busy according to Sienna.

I continued to observe and memorize things that could possibly build a huge court case against the Vitali family but there was nothing that could help me bring them down. They were rather good at hiding what they did, and obviously smart enough not to do it in plain sight. That's why no one has been able to take them down. I thought to myself.

I balanced the delicate golden tray on my hand as I added 12 glasses filled to the brim with a golden liquor that smelled quite divine. Sienna had oh-so-kindly told me that drinking on the job was prohibited.

"Stephanie!" I heard my fake name being called and I lifted my head to find the owner of the sound.

"Bring the drinks here now!" Vinchenzo commanded when he caught my eye and I wearily sighed as I grabbed the handle of the tray and made my way slowly to the men.

I placed a cup in front of each of the men sitting on the table. All the while I felt Vinchenzo's burning gaze scalding the left side of my face. I stood off the side waiting for one of them to dismiss me.

A man older than thirty looked up at me, "You are dismissed." He commanded, I nodded and was about to leave when an interruption occurred.

"She stays," Vinchenzo gritted out, his eyes giving me a warning glare.

I froze in my spot, too afraid to actually move. I was like a deer caught in headlights. Vinchenzo gave me a satisfied once over before his wandering eyes returned back to the matter at hand.

"Where's Dantè?" Vinchenzo asked as he surveyed the faces.

"I don't know," The man who had tried to dismiss me earlier said as he took a sip from his glass.

"It's fine, we'll start without him," Vinchenzo added.

I watched as all the men nodded their heads and flipped to the first page of a booklet that lay ahead of them. I watched as Vinchenzo studied every man and began the meeting in Italian.

I couldn't understand a single thing that they were saying, but I assume that they spoke in Italian on purpose so that the girls in the different schemes wouldn't understand what was being said.

"No problem Don. It will all be done within exactly thirteen minutes. We'll have to be fast and precise!" A young man from the group said, suddenly switching to English causing me to want to tune in to what they were saying.

"Yes, we won't have any longer. Make sure you can do it in nine minutes, that way you will have four spare minutes should something go awfully wrong with the whole plan." Vinchenzo commanded.

"Yes, Don. I'll speak to Renaldo about it, he's got the plan." The man said again as he folded all the documents and slipped them into the black leather folder.

"Stephanie!" Vinchenzo called as his eyes fell on me.

"Yes, Mr Vitali?" I responded as if it was a second reflex.

"Another round?" He said and I choked.

"What?" I gasped, my mind going all sorts of dangerous places including down the gutter.

"Another round of drinks, Stephanie!" He growled, he looked irritated as I scurried off with my tray to load another set of drinks.

I hurriedly walked through the people and served the men their drinks, "You're dismissed. Return to Sienna at once." Vinchenzo commanded and I nodded.

I walked to the counter where I last had spotted Sienna. I watched as she poured the drinks with such concentration, and I began to feel bad if I interrupted her. I walked and stood by her as soon as she finished filling up her twelfth cup I spoke.

"Oh!" She gasped, "There you are! I was looking for you because I needed you to serve table three. Lisa tells me Don kept you near him?" She asked.

I nodded, "I was with Mr Vitali. I just worked to refill the glasses." I told her honestly.

"Good," She responded, "Serve table four please." She said as she walked away with her tray.

I scanned the room and saw a sign that read the word 'FOUR' in sparkly sequins that stood out amongst the lights. I filled up another twelve glasses and loaded them on my tray before I made my way to the table.

"I've never seen you around, you new here beautiful?" A blue-eyed boy said as he looked into my eyes.

"I'm new," I confirmed.

"Are you one of those girls that put out?" He grinned showing off his white teeth.

"No, and even if I was," I said looking at the scar that ran along the length of his arm, "I wouldn't put out for you," I hissed as I placed a glass in front of him.

I heard the gun click before I saw it and suddenly the piece of metal was between my two eyes. A finger on the trigger. My life flashed before me. The cool metal between my eyes spread chills through my body.

"You'll never speak to me like that again!" He said, "Oh, that's right you won't get a chance to because I will kill you right here and right now."

"I'm pretty sure you can't do that," I choked out as the sadistic guy pushed the gun further into my skin. I could feel my heart beating erratically.

"You broke the rules," He said.

I noticed the room had gone quiet. The silent music was dimmed and now you could barely hear it, you would have to strain your ears too. I felt a million pairs of eyes on us as I stood shivering under the gun.

"I..." I stuttered out.

"Silence!" He yelled before he removed the gun and flicked the safety off before placing it in its previous position.

"What's going on here?" A loud, authoritative voice boomed from behind me, the man who was still holding me at gunpoint didn't even flinch when he heard the voice.

"Vinchenzo-" He began.

"It's Vitali to you," I heard him sneer causing the guy in front of me to lose his confidence slightly, his hand faltered removing all the pressing pressure from my head.

"Vitali this woman disrespected me!" He seethed his eyes, now stormy, threw me a harsh glare.

"How so?" Vinchenzo asked, amusement evident in his voice.

"She wouldn't put out," The guy nearly whined.

"I don't see any rule in cerulean that says the lady has to put out for you. If she said no then no. If you're looking for someone to put out" Vinchenzo snickered, "I suggest you help yourself to the mauve room. Now, remove the gun from her forehead and return to your quarters," He said.

The guy spat at me in the face. The gross saliva slid down my face and I was about to scream when a loud gunshot rang out. The guy in front of me fell to the ground clutching at his shoulder, my eyes widened in surprise when I turned around and found Vinchenzo's gun drawn. He had one eye closed, his gun still pointed.

"Bullseye!" He grinned and slipped the gun into his pants.

"He's crazy," I muttered under my breath to no one in particular as the guy on the floor released a guttural groan that made me slightly bad for him.

"Move it, Lucas! Go to the nurse and get it fixed," Another man from the pervert's table said as Lucas continued clutching at his shoulders, his eyes tightly shut as he began to lose his colour.

"I'll go now," He groaned, "When the... pain... subsides!" He winced as he tried to get up.

"Poor soul," Sienna said, "Get back to work Stephanie!" She ordered as I hurried away with my tray to serve yet another table.

Hey Guys,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Jeez, Lucas is a crazy one :(

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment, see you next update :)