Chapter 5 - All The Trouble

After all the trouble I had caused in the Cerulean Scheme you'd assume that Vinchenzo would have kicked me out and buried me somewhere, twenty feet under. I sighed as I set the millionth glass on the table, watching as they snickered and laughed over something on one of the mens' cellphone.

"Refill please!" The really drunk one called, his arm swaying as he held the glass out to me. I sighed as I grabbed it harshly from his hands and went to the kitchen to refill it... again. I had assumed that this place was for doing business only... and not getting drunk.

"Well, well, well you're honestly the last person I expected to see in this scheme, Stephanie!" A man dressed in a suit grinned as he stepped out of the shadows.

"Tristiaan!" I happily said, I felt euphoric at the sight of a familiar face and not one that just blends into the crowd.

"If I didn't know better I'd assume you missed me pumpkin," He grinned as he pulled me into a tense bear hug.

"I did. Kind of, I guess. I've just really missed seeing a familiar face down here." I admitted looking at the ground and studying the shoes on my feet. They probably costed a lot more than my two-bedroom apartment.

"I understand. Must be overwhelming. I mean I wouldn't survive doing this job. Refilling drinks and carrying them around on a golden platter doesn't suit my fancy." Tristiaan said as he looked around the room as though scanning for something.

"I don't have a choice," I informed him.

"I'm aware, Stephanie," He smirked, "I best be going. I have a meeting with the Don soon. He despises tardiness. Don't work too hard and try to enjoy your time, not all men are as evil as they seem," He winked and then he walked right out the kitchen.

My eyes followed his back until they could see him no more before I turned back to the bar and began to clean it with a damp cloth, removing all the sticky beer spills. I refilled the man's glass before I quickly served him and decided to check out early.

As I walked down the narrow corridor leading to my 'dorm room' I heard agonizing screams. I silently looked around the entire passageway to see any cameras and when I didn't find any, I walked closer to the door and leaned my ear in.

"You're part of the FBI!" I heard Dantè yell as a shudder ran through my body.

"Of course not!" I heard someone yell back in a British accent.

"We have your files here Mason. " Dantè snickered before I heard a loud thud.

"I..." The man whimpered.

I peaked through the keyhole and gasped when I saw Agent Mason Loria in the chair. His chair direction was toward me, his face smeared with blood. His left eye was also forming a blue patch, most likely Dantè's doing. I sighed and just as I was about to retreat I heard someone clear their throat causing me to immediately straighten up.

I spun on my heels and looked at the person who'd made the noise when my blood turned cold and blue. Vinchenzo stood there with a huge file, his face grim as he reached out and grabbed my wrist dragging me like a ragged doll behind him.

"Leave me alone!" I cried out as my elbow scraped against the floor.

My cries got more violent when he pulled me up the stairs, my back was continuously getting scraped against the sharp edges of each, individual stair we passed. I tried to contain my sobs as tears fell out of my eyes.

I bid goodbye to my raise, my life, my family and all that mattered. At least I'd tried to make the world a better place and rid it of evil men like Vinchenzo Vitali.

Vinchenzo pushed me into his office harshly as he flipped the light switch on.

"So Stephanie," He sneered, disgust evident on his face, "How'd you like your new job?"

"Very much," I said sarcastically.

"It's not time to be sarcastic with me. If I were you, I would change your tone from one of sarcasm to one of begging." He advised, as he pulled out a cigar and lit it.

"What do you mean?" I questioned defiantly.

"Well Agent Dawson, I was wondering how long you thought you were going to last in my lair," He snickered, "No one can cross me and get away with it. Alive." He snickered like the sadistic man he was.

I didn't respond.

"Answer me," He commanded.

I kept quiet.

"Damn it! Answer me, woman!" He yelled throwing his cigar out the window.

"I don't know," I whispered.

"What was that?" He smirked, "I didn't hear you at all. You may want to try saying that sentence again."

"I don't know," I said as a broken sob left my mouth.

"Yeah, sure, of course. You cross me. Meddle with my business, my family. You now sit here and cry. How very charming." He said, his eyes lethal.

"I needed the raise," I pathetically tried.

"Oh, I'm sure. That raise hopefully will be from the grave after I'm done with you." Vinchenzo snickered as he tossed the file at me.

"Open it, Arianna." He said as he lit yet another cigar. This man had an obsession with throwing away unfinished cigars and starting new ones, this baffled me to no end. How could one waste so many?

I sighed as I timidly reached for the blue file and opened it. I gasped, information on me was recorded. All my personal information like medical wise, personal wise, my whereabouts, all my family members, who I was in contact with, my previous dates, and even images of my father were in there. I looked at him.

"How'd you get these?" I asked him.

"I have my ways," He responded, "How long did you think you were going to last here?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "I really don't know."

"Oh, you'll know soon enough, Arianna Dawson." He grinned as he pulled a knife out of his pocket and began to flip it in the air.

"You're dead." He whispered into my ear.

Hey Guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

Don't forget to vote and comment! See you next update.