Chapter 24 - His Father

"Leave her alone, father." Vinchenzo sighed as he looked at his father with a reserved expression.

"Is it wrong that I would like to speak with the girl you like?" He asked.

"Stop with the antics." Vinchenzo practically growled as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked after I stumbled behind Vinchenzo.

He sighed and let go of my wrist, turning around he brought his soft hand to my cheek, "My father is being rather annoying. He wants to pester you with questions."

"What kind of questions?" I asked curiously as I looked into his emerald green eyes that seemed to be filled with an emotion I couldn't decipher - I guess reading facial expressions wasn't exactly a strength of mine.

"He's a curious man, he will ask many questions and most wouldn't come to the mind of a normal person." He warned as he took a step back and began walking towards the underground compound where Sienna was.

"Why is he so interested, have you never had a girlfriend before?" I asked curiously as I followed behind him.

He shook his head, "Never."

"Why do I find that so unbelievable?" I questioned as we went into Vinchenzo's underground office through the car garage.

"What do you mean? Do you not trust me?" He asked as he unlocked the door by keying in a password.

"No, I do." I said as I fiddled with my fingers. I could feel my cheeks grow red with embarrassment, "You're just really attractive so I'm certain that woman must throw themselves at you." I mumbled but he heard.

He let out a nervous chuckle, "That does not mean I do not reject their advances. I'm not a man that likes to use and abuse people."

I rolled my eyes, "Could've fooled me."

"I don't like breaking the hearts of woman. I hate giving them false hope." He said as he turned away from me and walked to the bar where he poured himself a whiskey.

"Oh well that's good I guess." I said as I sat in his desk chair that was very comfortable.

"Would you like something to drink, Red?" He asked as he sat on a bar stool.

I shook my head, "No."

*

"I'm just saying that you should be straightforward with him. He needs to know that his actions hurt you a lot. You can't turn a blind eye to your pain, Sienna." I said as Lavender grabbed the tray of glasses I had just filled for her.

"I don't want to seem clingy. Dantè hates that!" She insisted as she shook her head.

"Well look it's affecting your work and affecting your health. You haven't eaten all week and you aren't eating your healthy snack." I gestured to the bowl filled to the brim with strawberries.

"I just have been losing my appetite. I can't stomach certain things I guess. It just honestly infuriates me to see him walking out the mauve room." She said as she grabbed a cup filled with alcohol and gulped it down in one go.

"Give me that glass! I need it." She groaned as she reached out for another glass that was near me.

I watched in horror as she carried on consuming alcohol at a rapid rate. I was worried about her body was taking all of it. Even though I sounded like a complete hypocrite, I couldn't let Sienna drink that much or she would mess up her liver and that's a serious problem.

"You can't drink your problems away!" I hissed at her before I felt two warm hands wrap around my waist.

"I don't think you should be saying that." He whispered in my ear.

I turned around in his arms and faced him, "What do you mean?" I asked him as I crossed my arms stepping backwards, freeing me of his cage.

"You shouldn't tell people to not drink their problems away when alcohol is your solution." He said as he grinned.

"It was one time!" I groaned.

"You and Lauren are the same. You both drink when you're angry, mad or sad." He said.

As soon as Lauren's name left his mouth I perked up, curious to know how he knew her.

"Do you have history with her?" I asked him with an arched eyebrow.

"Not at all. I know all the ladies that work here because I personally handpick them and appoint them to their posts." He said looking at the golden watch on his wrist.

"So you're the one that put those poor woman in the mauve room?"

"They fill in a form that allows them to work in that room." He shrugged, "They're all very willing in that room."

"I see." I said as I turned away to try get out of the cage he had created with his arms.

"Where are you going?" He asked me with a rasied eyebrow. The fresh smell of mint fanned across my face as he breathed.

"To my room." I said as I scanned the room.

He grinned, "What do you think about accompanying me to a night club?" He asked me as he leaned in closer.

"Is that you asking me, Vinchenzo?" I asked him as I nudged him.

"Yes, yes it is." He grinned as he stepped backwards removing himself from my personal space.

"When are we heading out?"

"Dantè was thinking of heading out tonight." He said as he looked at his wristwatch that rested on his wrist.

"Can I bring Sienna along ?" I questioned as I watched him rub his shoe against the small rug by the bar stool.

"You can. I don't think it's a good idea though. Sienna and Dantè are both like cats a dogs when in the same premises." He advised.

I sighed, "I want them to get together already!"

"I don't think it's upto you, Red." He grinned as he walked away with a glass of alcohol in his hand leaving me very confused.