Chapter 10 - Vitali Crest

"Safe to get out." A voice crackled from the speaker in the wall, "Code 78934." The voice than said.

"Alright ladies listen up!" Sienna yelled as she stood up, "We are authorised to leave the safe room. You'll all do so in an orderly manner!" She yelled.

She then punched a code into the keypad. The door sounded a small alarm before it slid open. All the girls dressed in the Cerulean leather jumpsuit all walked out the room in an orderly fashion.

I followed out after Sienna and gasped as I took in the scene in front of me.

Men were all over the floor. Some dead, some still breathing but the blood flowing out of their bodies indicated that they would die from blood loss. I saw the other girls cleaning up all the glass, pulling the chairs off the floor and returning them to their original positions.

"Vitali said he wants these done in twenty minutes as business will continue! He said he will be sending in a team to remove all the bodies!" She said using the sound system to communicate the message.

I sighed realising there was no way I was going to get out of here. I bent down and began picking up all the broken glass cups along with the empty papers.

A few girls were mopping up all the blood off the floor. I was still cleaning and wiping the tables when I saw a whole troop of men walk in with black bags. Wearing blue gloves, they grabbed all the dead bodies and tossed them carelessly into the bags. I saw five men get special treatment. They got a separate bag with the Vitali crest on it.

"What's that about? Are they leaders?" I said turning to Sienna who was overseeing the whole process.

"Those five men were Vitali men which is why they have bags with our family's crest on it." She said nodding to the sign on the bags, "Vinchenzo will have them delivered to their families along with half a million dollars."

I nodded my head, "That makes sense. Why does he pay them?"

"He believes that because they died for the Vitali family their families deserve some sort of reward for the bravery of their deceased." She explained.

"Don't the families ask questions?"

"No. They don't know the occupation of their loved ones. Plus all the money doesn't really remind them to question anything."

"Basically they get blinded by it?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yes. Now get to work, I don't want the other girls to assume that I'm favouring you over them."

I sighed and headed back to the mess. The bodies and the blood were all cleared up. I grabbed a broom from the janitor cupboard and began to sweep up all the shards of glass that were lying recklessly around.

I was pushing all the dirt onto a dust pan when the double doors slammed open causing me to jump with fright.

"You've done well clearing it up." Vinchenzo said after his eyes raked the room. His eyes stopped and lingered on my frozen body for a few moments too long before he walked in followed by a whole entourage of men.

"I'll see you in my office, Red." Vinchenzo said as he passed by me.

I nodded my head and said nothing else.

"Oh! I'm your biggest fan girl! My ship must sail Ari!" Sienna grinned as she nudged me.

I rolled my eyes, "Sienna please stop. You know there is absolutely nothing between us. Nothing!" I snapped.

Sienna lifted her hands in mock surrender, "Feisty much-"

"Don't make a reference about my red hair or I will stab you with this broom!" I threatened cutting her off.