Chapter 34 - Seized

We walked out of the tree line hand in hand. If Vinchenzo had seen us like this, he would have been absolutely furious and most likely would have cut Luciano's arm off completely.

We walked in silence on the field waiting for someone to spot us and report back to their master. It took them less time than what we had thought it would.

It wasn't before long when two burly men came forward, guns strapped to their legs. They were rather intimidating and dressed in rugged clothing, their muscles were bulging from beneath the flimsy materials.

"Who are you?" The tall man with the dark hair said as he looked at both Luciano and I.

"I'm Elona and this is my husband Isaac." I said with a small smile. Luciano gave my hand a small squeeze as though to tell me I was doing great.

"No jobs?" The other man with dirty blonde hair asked as he tucked both hands into his pocket.

Rookie mistake. Had we wanted to pounce on him, he wouldn't be able to defend himself as his hands would be trapped.

"We lost everything. No money." Luciano said with a thick British accent.

"You can work for us, mate." The tall one said, "We will take you to our boss. He'll love you, especially you." He said turning to me and touching my chin. I shuddered beneath his gross touch.

"We'll follow you. Come Elona." Luciano said and we both followed the burly men back to the base.

"Memorize." I whispered to Luciano who discreetly nodded his head. I hoped he knew what I meant.

The burly men led the way and occasionally spoke to one another but nothing I could decipher. My palm started to bleed slightly as I had taken to digging my nails into it. That was how I relieved my stress and it wasn't my intention to bleed, rather it just happened subconsciously.

Luciano looked at me in a worried manner. He gave me a small lopsided grin as he ran his fingers through his hair. He seemed rather stressed and tired as he surveyed the area with his eyes.

"No weapons." The tall man said as he walked over to Luciano and patted him down. He found nothing.

He then walked over to me, his grin widening, "Do you mind?" He asked.

I sighed, "Do I even have a choice?"

"No." He said smugly.

I clenched my fists as he patted me down longer than necessary. I took in a deep breath when he finally stepped back and allowed me to bask in the comfort of my own personal bubble that he so unjustly had intruded upon.

"Walk." He then commanded as he pushed us in.

I followed Luciano who was taking hesitant yet calculated steps forward. He was looking around the building and so was I. I was surprised at how different the Vitali base was compared to the Stalias base.

At the Vitali base, they seemed more humane. They didn't have chambers or cells out in the open. People weren't walking around with heavy metal balls attached to their ankles. People at the Stalias base looked absolutely horrifying.

One could see the rib cages of many people, some men were completely bald, some women were dressed in the most skimpy clothing of all time. Looking into their eyes, anyone could see the pain, the hate, the anger that was held in their irises.

"Images." I whispered to Luciano as I intertwined our pinky fingers together.

"Got it." He whispered back and I causally nodded.

"We will take you to Iñigo. You better behave or he'll kill you." He said as if murdering someone was on the same level as baking a cake. They were all so very causal at the prospect of murder.

We followed the men towards a wooden door that had flowers carved on it. The one man pushed the door open and allowed us to follow him inside.

"New ones boss." The man who pushed the door open said as he pointed at us.

"Names?" Iñigo said.

Iñigo Stalias was a very intimidating man. His brown hair was messy and gelled to the side, his eyes were dark brown and they glittered with bad intent. His facial expression were rather tense as he stared at me in the eyes me to shiver under his gaze.

"Elona and Isaac." Luciano answered for me ad he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Do you know who I am?" Iñigo snarled and I saw Luciano tense up but he shook his head and I followed suit.

"I'm the king of the underworld. That's who I am."

I wanted to roll my eyes. Vinchenzo was the king of the underworld. Iñigo was nothing compared to him.

"Understood." Luciano said and I smiled at him as a form of encouragement.

I hated to rely on people however, Luciano and I had to stick together in order to survive around these kinds of people. They were all psychotic an not alright - they were killing machines. Trained to kill and feel no sort of remorse no matter what.

"We won't send you on the battlefields yet. We need to keep you in the dungeon with the other newbies." Iñigo said eventually as he waved his hand at a man who stood by the door.

"Go with Stefano. He will show you the way." Iñigo explained as he sat back on his desk chair and began sifting through papers.

Stefano walked out the room without a word. He turned around to see if we were following or not before he led us to a set of stairs that led downwards towards the underground of the small building. We followed him down to the dungeons below. I was shaking from the cold that engulfed my body - I wasn't exactly dressed for a minus one weather.

"Pick a cell and stay in it." He said and left us, locking the massive metal door behind us.

"We're doomed." Was all I said before I collapsed on the filthy bed.

Hey Guys!

I'm sorry I missed the last few updates.

I've been studying for my exams so those have been my priority.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section :)