Chapter 23 - Boyfriend

"He got a call from his father and then he asked me to be his girlfriend!" I grinned as I retold the events of last night.

"I told you he likes you!" Sienna gushed, "What did you say?"

"I said okay." I answered.

"Just okay? Didn't you say yes or something a little more exciting." She said poking me.

"No. I said just said 'yes' to him. I also went on to say that I would like to keep it secret." I said.

Sienna looked at me weirdly, "Why? Don't you want everyone to know that Vitali is yours."

"Look I'm unsure of his intentions. I'm scared of what he is upto. In case something goes down I don't want people to talk about me. Besides, I want to see if this whole relationship thing will work out."

"Ari, you're his first girlfriend. You should have faith in him." Sienna advised with a small smile.

"I do have faith in him. I guess I kind of have some feelings towards him. I just don't know what made him turn around and suddenly be nice to me." I shrugged as I grabbed the tray and went around serving Dantè, Trevor and Vinchenzo himself.

"Looking good," Vinchenzo whispered in my ear while I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you." I answered.

"How's Tristiaan?" I asked Trevor who still hasn't seemed to warm up to me yet.

"Healing." Trevor said, "Thank you." He said as he looked away refusing to meet my eyes.

"It's a pleasure." I smiled back at him and walked away with the empty tray. I watched Sienna lean against the counter her eyes showed me that she was faraway, lost in her thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked as I stood beside her watching other girls in the Cerulean scheme do their rounds around the room.

"What?" She asked as she snapped back to this realm.

"I asked what you were thinking about?" I asked with a small grin and nudged her with my elbow.

"Dantè." She said as she looked in his direction, sure enough he was looking this way too.

"What about him?"

"I really like him, Ari. I don't like the fact he kissed another girl I want to date him and I want us to be exclusive." She said sadly as she looked at her shoes.

I sighed, "Have you spoken to him about this?" I asked her with a grin.

She shook her head, "I do not want to seem clingy or desperate." She groaned.

"I don't think you will seem like that. For all you know he did that to make you jealous." I shrugged.

"I don't care anymore." She said in a  flippant manner as she twirled a loose strand around her finger.

I rolled my eyes, "Just do it."

"Are you a Nike brand promoter now ?" She said quizzically as she sauntered away to server a nearby table.

I sighed and walked towards my new dorm room to change for today's session.

*

"Too weak. Put more force behind it!" Vinchenzo said as he fixed my stance.

I sighed and went back to punching the bag with as much power as I could possibly muster.

"Better." He commented as the bag swayed a little.

I rolled my eyes, "I bet you can't get it to move." I huffed.

"And what do I get if I manage to move it?" He asked as he grinned smugly.

"Nothing."

"No, Red. It's a bet." He grinned.

"Fine, If you can't move the bag you will allow me to go home for three weeks. You can name what you want should you be able to move it." I said folding my arms over my chest.

"I want a kiss." He smirked as he pulled off his gloves getting ready to punch the bag with his bare hand.

I rolled my eyes, "So not happening. Pick something else." I demanded.

"But all I want is a kiss, you're asking me to trust you and let you go out of my sight."

"You can wait for me to comfortable to give you that kiss." I said and he nodded.

"Of course."

In one movement Vinchenzo snapped his hand back and at an incredible speed it shot forward and the bag swung backwards hitting the wall with a thud before it came back at him. He was ready though, he punched it again and I watched in awe as a determined expression took over his face.

After a few minutes of aggressively beating up the boxing bag he stepped backwards and wiped the sweat off his forehead, "I told you I would be able to move it."

I remained silent as I looked at him sipping his water.

He then grinned and looked up at me, "I believe you owe me a kiss, Red."

Just then the door slammed open and in walked Vinchenzo's father. He grinned when he saw us standing together near the boxing bag.

"Father." Vinchenzo greeted stoically.

"My dear son and Miss Dawson." He said as he approached us.

He was dressed in a navy blue suit. His black hair that held white streaks from old age was gelled backwards, his pale pink lips were drawn into a straight line.

"What a pleasant surprise. Why are you here?" Vinchenzo snarled as he stood protectively in front of me.

"I wanted to meet your... girlfriend." He said as he walked forward the guards he brought with walked in to the room hands on their guns.

"You've met her. She's the girl that recently vowed omèrta, father." Vinchenzo said in an irritated manner.

"I know. I wanted to quiz her." His father said.

"It's not necessary."

"Yes it is Vinchenzo, now get out of my way so I can see her." He commanded as he looked at me cowering behind Vinchenzo.

It wasn't that I was afraid of his father, it was more the fact that he came down from Italy specifically to see me. I couldn't help but feel rather scared under his intense gaze.

"So you are the girl that stole my son's heart." He said as he towered over me.