Chapter 9 - Code 17

Dantè pushed me through the doors to the Cerulean scheme. His gaze softened as he looked in the direction Sienna stood in, had he been slightly nicer to me I would've nudged him in a playful manner.

I decided to ignore him and made my way to where Sienna stood in between two girls who also worked full time in the Cerulean scheme. Lavender and Lacey were their names, I assume.

"I don't want this catiness in my scheme. Do you understand?" Sienna was saying as I approached.

Both girls nodded, "We do understand, Sienna." They chorused.

"Good. Both of you are dismissed." She commanded and they both scurried away.

"What was that for?" I asked her trying to fix my hair so that it appeared to be more presentable.

"Lacey and Laura were busy being troublemakers." She grimaced, "I had to stop one of the men from killing them."

"Of course," I muttered rolling my eyes.

So Laura was her name and not Lavender. Oops. Lacey was a certified troublemaker. In the Cerulean Scheme she was often the cause of the uproar.

Sienna rubbed her temples in frustration, "She is going end up dead. I don't want her to die."

"Is there any particular reason?" I asked.

Sienna smiled, "All the girls under my care become like family to me. I can't seem to help it."

"How come?"

"I know their pasts Arianna and I can relate to many. None of us are here by choice, we're all at his mercy. We are all indebted to him." She sniffed.

"By saying his and him, I am assuming you are talking about Vinchenzo?"

"Yes, that is who I am talking about. He allows you to call him by his first name?"

"No. I just like to annoy him. When he calls me Red I call him Vinchenzo."

Sienna giggled, "And you wonder why I assume that you two are made for each other."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't take things too far. Vinchenzo is way too ruthless to fall in love."

"I am not saying love, Ari. You are assuming that I am saying that which often makes me wonder whether you love the Don or what. I think Vinchenzo may have a soft spot for you dear." She grinned.

I shook my head, "He is keeping me alive so that he can mentally toture me."

"Code 17!" Someone screamed an Sienna gasped.

"What is going on?" I asked as I watched the men get up and draw their guns out. I watch as all the girls in the scheme ran to Sienna who was unlocking a door.

"In!" Sienna yelled, "Move faster!"

"What is going on!" I shouted as I witnessed all the people running around, some girls were even screaming as Sienna ushered them into the room.

Sienna then grabbed my arm and draggged me to the room. She pushed a red button and the metal door shut firmly.

"What happened? What is going on? Can someone tell me?" I said.

"It is a code seventeen you retard!" Lacey said while Sienna gave her a murderous look.

"Shut your trap, Lacey. Arianna is still new here." Sienna said.

"Whatever. Just because you are in charge of this scheme does not mean you can control my life."

"Actually if I want you terminated then I will simply ask the Don to do it. He will grant me my wish. I am seriously considering sending him a text about your rebellious nature." Sienna threatened.

I saw Lacey gulp, "I am sorry." She said and retreated. Sienna's threat had obviously frightened her.

Sienna turned to me, "Code seventeen means another mafia has attacked this base. All females are requested to go into certain rooms and all men are to fight against the enemy."

"Should I be worried?" I asked her.

Sienna shook her head, "As of now, no. The Don has the best trained men. That is why he is on top."

"People are going to get killed and we are here cowering in fear!"

"Arianna!" Sienna chided, "None of us know how to fight. If we all go out there, even more people will lose their lives."

"We could learn! We should not be treated as damned damsels in distress! We can hold our own and even assist the men." I told her.

"Arianna, you are an FBI agent. You grew up learning how to fight. Fight scenes are triggers for some girls in this very room. Not all of us can stomach holding a gun and ending a life."

"Then Vinchenzo must let the woman who want to fight, fight. The rest who can't for whatever reason should stay hidden. We can make a huge difference in numbers. Plus what if there aren't enough men covering this base? Who will fight then?" I challenged.

"Don makes sure that all bases are covered. We have intel from almost every single mafia group out there. They report to us and that is how we are always one step ahead of every single mafia." Sienna explained.

"If Vinchenzo is sending rats out to other mafia's surely there will be rats that are sent here?"

"Vinchezo is good at picking up small things, that is why he is so good at what he does."

"You mean he is good at picking out liars?" I asked.

She nodded, "He sets up multiple tests to test the men's loyalty to the Viatli family. He also likes to change part of the story to check if you are lying. You have to be incredibly convincing and good at acting."

"I see. Why did he not pick up that I was lying about my name."

Sienna grinned, "He knew. We all knew."

"What?" I gasped.

"Yes, we were supposed to act natural around you and make sure not to tell you anything that could incriminate our family."

"Damn. You all should win some acting awards." I said before, "Do we know who is behind this act?"

"Iñigo Stalias." She whispered and looked distressed.

"What is wrong?" I asked her.

She smiled and shook her head, "Nothing. Memories were just hitting me full force."

"Oh!" I said.

Hey Guys!

Please don't forget to tap on the star below to vote and comment your thoughts on this novel so far!

I'm curious to know your thoughts about the Stalias family attacking the base?

If you don't remember, the Vitali family's sworn enemies are the Stalias. We meet them in the very first chapter of this novel.

Thanks for reading! See you next update :)