Chapter 35 - Together Forever

I couldn't breathe.

All the oxygen had been brutally knocked out of me by the brute who stood in front me smiling, showing me his yellow front teeth that I so desperately wanted to knock out of place.

"Try harder Elona." He said as he stood in front of me while I gasped for breath.

"Shut up!" I hissed as I clutched my stomach that I was so sure was now bruising.

"You need to be toughened up. You're too girly." He said rolling his eyes as he placed his big hands around my neck and pulled me towards him.

"I... am... a... girl if you... forgot!" I managed to spit out as I gasped for oxygen.

He rolled his eyes, his horrible morning breath blowing over my face made my own situation worse.

"Be tough." He snarled before he dropped me and then walked out the room leaving me alone covered in sweat.

I felt light headed as all the oxygen I had been needing rushed back into my body. I placed my head against the floor and looked upwards at the ceiling that had green moss growing on it. I could not help but compare this compound to the Vitali's one.

Vinchenzo always had everything clean, sanitized, tidy and organised. He loved to make sure nothing was cluttered and that all was running smoothly. Here, the rooms were horrible, the floors were dirty and even the bedsheets in his 'dungeon' were dirty and not washed probably for days. I shuddered at the thought of sleeping in someone else's place.

I slowly stood up and made my way out and found Luciano clicking photos of the room he was just in. I peered inside and shuddered as the horrible, strong stench of blood filled my nostrils. The torture devices lay on the top still covered with a thick layer of bright red blood, there were blood drips on the floor and a small puddle near the metal chair in the centre of the room. The metal was smeared with blood but it was dry and beginning to crack up.

I looked at Luciano who had an anguished look on his face as he clicked away with the glove device we had been given. The device worked like this: it held a small camera that took pictures when the fist was clenched and that was what Luciano was doing now - collecting evidence so we could stick Iñigo in a jail cell that would be heavily guarded in case he attempted to escape.

"Are you okay?" Luciano asked as he looked at the marks on my neck and gasped, "Who did this to you?"

"Random guy who thought I was way too girly." I scoffed as I massaged my neck that now held the blueprints of his fingers. The marks were now turning purple. Luciano captured a picture of me in order to indicate the torture I had gone through.

"Son of a bi-"

"Don't finish that." I reprimanded while he rolled his eyes.

"I'm a full grown man. I can cuss if I want to." He shrugged as we walked towards our cells.

"That's true. Just don't do it around me." I said and he nodded his head as he pushed the door open and we found the usual rotten piece of soggy bread and dirty water near our beds.

"Thank goodness for granola bars." Luciano said as he grabbed four out of our secret stash and handed two to me.

"Would've died without them." I noted as I glanced around our room that I had become accustomed to.

Two weeks. Two bloody weeks. We had been collecting evidence non stop against him and he was still clueless as ever. The only thing that scares me was the thought of him finding out who we were. Vinchenzo knew who I was in an instant and a thought that plagued was that Iñigo knew but had some horrid plan waiting for both of us - or maybe he just wanted to catch us in the act of committing an offense.

In my mind I assumed that Vinchenzo would have found out about me being held hostage here. I knew Vinchenzo was always a million steps ahead of Iñigo because he sent undercover men here and I already knew one of them. He treated me with kindness and cared for me and he was the guy that kept sneaking us the granola bar.

Luciano just thought that he was in love with me and I didn't mind that because he didn't need to know that I was dating one of the men we were going to take down.

"I want to go home." Was the first thing I blurted as I sat down on the dirty bed.

Luciano sighed, "I do too. I'm scared I'm going to catch some disease due to how unsanitary this place is."

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Do you think we have enough evidence?" I asked.

"We don't. Not yet at least."

"What about the evidence of the torture room?" I asked as I thought back to earlier on.

"That's good evidence but we need to catch Iñigo doing something. We can't have images of empty rooms filled with blood." He explained and I lay back on the bed and looked at the ceiling.

"I'm going pale." I complained as I looked at my pale arms.

Luciano rolled his eyes, "You're a red head, you guys always have pale complexion anyways."

"My skin was getting better at tanning!" I said.

"Creating a safe environment for future generations is more important that your tan, Ari." Luciano said as he smirked.

I nodded, "I know but I hate this place. I hate surviving on granola bars and I hate showering with water that is already yellow before I use it."

"They live like pigs." Luciano rolled his eyes while I sighed.

"I am in agreement with you." I said solemnly as I looked at the bruise on my stomach that hurt when I moved.

Hey Guys!

Exams start on Thursday... yay

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to click on the star below to vote and always leave your thoughts in my comment section.

Xoxo
Perla