Chapter 11 - Going Against

I couldn't believe it! He wanted me to go against everything I knew. Everything that I had learned from a young age. He wanted me to oppose all my morals and ideas of what justice is. I couldn't defy him, he'd kill me. But, was my life worth this much?

"What if I don't want to vow omèrta?" I asked him and he grinned.

"You stay here forever or you join that scum Loria in the fields twenty feet under in his mass grave."

"I can't do that." I muttered fiddling with my hands.

"You can't or you won't?"

"It's not right. I can't do that. Those people know that I'm loyal to them."

"Yet, you have no qualms betraying me."

"I... Can't... You're bad. You kill people."

"Now that you've stated the obvious you can leave." He commanded.

"I don't want to be here anymore." I finally said as my voice cracked, "I honestly can't handle this anymore." I sobbed.

Vinchenzo rolled his eyes, "Smetilla!"

[Stop it!]

"Stop talking Italian! You know I can't speak it or understand it." I sighed.

He chuckled, "Go Red. You'll find I'm not too forgiving." He added darkly.

"You're cruel and cold hearted." I lashed out  and stormed out his office.

I made my way to the cerulean scheme where I saw Dantè leaning against the counter talking to Sienna. I approached them with fast, long strides.

"He wants me to vow Omèrta." I burst unable to hold the piece of information from Sienna.

Dantè scoffed, "Did you think you'd parade around here not signing the Vitali code?" He sneered.

Sienna smacked him lightly on the chest. I was surprised when he didn't rip his gun out and shoot her dead. He looked like he would.

"Play nice, Dee." She said as Dantè rolled his eyes.

"I just want out." I admitted.

"I'm sure, sweetie. We can't. We are all trapped here for life. The only way we can get out of here is if we are dead and in a body bag."

"They still scan the bag for a heartbeat before it leaves the compound, Arianna. Don't get any ideas," Dantè warned.

I sighed, "I won't tell them anything. I want to go home and see my cat! She must be starving! That poor thing has no one to feed it."

"You're one of those crazy cat ladies? I so did not expect that." Sienna said.

"I'm not crazy. I'm pretty sure I can classify my self as a stealth operative and to be a stealth operative you have to be slightly sane." I said, "I don't know about my sanity after I get out of this." I added.

Sienna laughed, "You're adorable."

"Thank you."

"I guess I can show you to our game room," Sienna said, "I don't think the Don will reprimand for that." She said looking at Dantè for confirmation.

Dantè shrugged, "Don't look at me Enna. I won't be blamed for this."

Aww! Their nicknames for each other are so cute! I thought to myself.

"You're too serious, Dantè. You should relax a little."

"I'm the second in charge around here, I don't think the word 'relax' is allowed in my dictionary." He gruffly responded.