Chapter 20 - Turning Point

"I hate him so much!" Sienna groaned as she placed her head on the counter, her usually perfect golden hair was in a massive mess and she looked like she had been through hell and back.

"Who?" I asked as I adjusted my sleeve.

"Dantè. He cheated again!" She groaned running her eyes.

"You guys were a thing?" I raised my eyebrow.

"No, I just thought we were exclusive. Clearly we weren't." She said with a tired sigh.

"I'm so sorry." I say shaking my head unsure how to react or what to do.

"It's okay. I'll get over it. I know I will." She said trying to smile.

I nodded my head, "You will get over it! You don't need Dantè to live your life happily. Besides, I'll be behind you encouraging and motivating you." I grinned.

She smiled, "Thank you Ari. I do appreciate that."

"No problem." I said as I walked out the Cerulean Scheme and made my way across the wide lawn to the combat centre.

The Vitali base was bigger than I had previously expected. It had underground sections and other places in plain sight. I sighed as I pushed the door open and nodded to Boris, the security guard, and walked in to find Vinchenzo waiting for me as he had been for the past four days.

His behaviour around me was different. He seemed at ease but at the same time rather tense. He hadn't been snarky or rude with me at all. Vinchenzo exercised patience around me even though I was a fast learner anyways.

"Five minutes earlier than yesterday, Red." Vinchenzo commented while I shrugged.

"I left the scheme earlier today."

"You do not have to work during your training period. You're one of the lucky women who are chosen to be on our combat side." He said as he poured water from his water bottle onto his hair.

I watched, my mind preoccupied, as it slid down his face and onto his bare chest. I sighed and I shook my head as I looked away and out of the window.

"I feel like I'm the only girl." I said as I pulled off my cerulean coloured jumpsuit to reveal my cotton black tights and purple sports bra beneath.

"Francesca is on the combat team."

"She is your sister she doesn't count." I said shrugging.

"Well then feel special Arianna. You are the only female on the team." He said.

"Let us get started today. I want you to start with a circle around the field and then thirteen lunges followed by thirteen jumping jacks." He said as he looked at the sports watch resting on his wrist.

"Why are you going easy on me?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

"You deserve a break today, Red. You have done great progress this week."

"That is the pros of being a quick learner and being quite fit." I said arrogantly.

Vinchenzo smirked, "Off you go!"

I ran around the whole field once and arrived back to where he was standing. My face was most likely incredibly red - to the point it resembled a tomato - while my intake of air was deep and hurried.

"Good timing today, Red. I'm impressed. Take a few minutes off and get into the next two exercises." He commanded and I nodded.

I sat on the bench near the bench press and sipped the water out of my neon pink water bottle. I pulled my red hair out of its bun and smoothed it out with my hands before I pulled it back up into a high pony tail.

"Are you on the schedule for the night shift?" He asked as he leaned against the treadmill opposite my bench.

I shook my head, "Sienna doesn't give me night shifts. She says I need to rest for our training."

"Sienna is one wise woman."

"I know she is."

"Now that I know that you're not busy you can come with me so we can dine out." He informed me.

I shook my head, "You have to ask me."

"Do I really have to?" He groaned as he ran a hand through his silky hair.

I nodded, "You really do."

"Fine." He grumbled, "Will you accompany me on a date this evening?"

"I'll have to think about it." I said after a few moments.

"Very well. Will you be able to give me an answer after this session?" He asked me as he got his boxing gloves off the metal rack in the corner of the room.

I sighed, "Yes."

"Good. Let's get started and work further on your punching skills."

I was a FBI agent meaning I already knew the basics of how to throw a punch and how to dodge one. I'm pretty sure I could throw a wicked punch but Vinchenzo wanted to make sure I knew moves that would kill anyone who dared to underestimate me.

We've been working on throwing punches in the abdominal area. He was teaching me all the key points in the body that would injure my opponent severely. I eagerly learned because the FBI believed that girls shouldn't be involved in such, they believed we were timid little pretty things only around for decoration and to send in to targets as bait.

The men were taught more skills. They made sure of many things but here Vinchenzo treated me as an equal and taught me many things I didn't think I would need but knew would be useful eventually.

"That was a good hit, Red. Focus into adding more power and stay in the power triangle." He said as he received a blow from me.

"Like this?" I asked and went straight for his gut. I thought it would knock out his breath but he just grabbed my arm and gave me a lazy grin.

"Red..." He trailed off, "Never warn your opponent of when you're going to strike. You simply do it. If they do notice then good for them if they don't good for you."

"I guess." I shrugged and pretended to turn around.

When he was least expecting it, I whipped my body back around and delivered my punch aiming it for his gut but once again he caught my hand just before it could touch him.

"How do you do that?" I asked my jaw dropping.

"I'm always alert, as should you be."

"Teach me!" I begged.

"You must always be careful where you are. No matter how safe you think you are be wary, expect a blow at any time. Open your eyes and watch for the smallest of details." He said.

I nodded, "Okay."

"So have you made your decision?"