Chapter 37 - He Has A Heart

"She's really injured Sir." Alessandro said as Iñigo walked into the room.

"My..." Iñigo trailed off as he traced the bruise on my stomach that was bare, "Alistair really did a number on this one."

"Yes he did sir." Alessandro responded.

"Give her two weeks off then she better be up and working." He said before he left the room.

"Is he coming?" I cried out.

Alessandro frowned, "Would you believe me if I told you that I don't communicate with him as often as you think? I have a cover to keep."

"No I understand what you mean and thank you so much for helping me out." I said after he gave me some pain medicine to swallow followed with water.

"Rest Arianna." He smiled at me before he left me alone once again.

I didn't know how long I lay there staring at the ceiling. Moving hurt me too much and I tried my best to only move when it was absolutely necessary such as when I needed to use the bathroom.

Luciano came in a few hours after he had stormed out last night. He kept to himself and stayed on his side of the room. He left early this morning in order to go to his training otherwise he would be punished. I was shocked when Iñigo allowed me to take off two weeks, I thought he would say no. He appeared to have a little bit of a heart.

I was shocked that the room I was in didn't induce claustrophobia. I was often nervous about how -

Breaking my train of thoughts Luciano walked in with sweat dripping down his face as he clutched his arm his face looked awfully in pain.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as he sat down on the bed.

He groaned, "Bastard hurt my arm." He wheezed out as he lay back down.

"They're all so big and burly." I noted.

"I have good news." He suddenly said and I perked up after hearing that.

"What might that be?" I asked him.

"I have photographic evidence of Iñigo." He said and my heart stopped.

"You're joking!" I gasped.

He shook his head, "We can leave Arianna. We can leave." He cried out.

I smiled, "And he can be jailed." I grinned as I tried to relax my body.

"I swear to you I will get us out of here as soon as you heal." Luciano vowed as he came and grabbed my hand softly.

"I appreciate that." I said with a small smiled as I tried to forget about the pain my body was in. It was excruciatingly painful to move.

Every intake of air engulfed me in new waves of torturous agony. Breathing felt like a chore that I needed to do constantly. With every rise and fall my stomach and side would scream out in pain that caused me to wince and groan. The marks on my neck weren't any better. Alistair's ten fingers were printed on the pale and sensitive skin of my neck.

"I heard something that worries me." Luciano said as he sat on his bed.

"What?" I asked curious and rather nervous.

"I think the Vitali and Domano are coming here and declaring war on the Stalias family." He responded.

"How'd they know?" I asked as I played with my fingers.

"The Vitali Don sent a warning."

"Oh my soul!" I gasped as I tried to sit up.

"I think he may know who we are. He'll capture and kill us." Luciano said and shuddered while I nodded.

He won't kill me - was what I wanted to say yet I chose to remain silent and leave Luciano to his thoughts. I couldn't allow him to be the slightest bit suspicious of me otherwise I will be kicked off the team and then Vinchenzo would have no intel into the FBI.

I felt proud and excited when I knew I could provide intel on the Stalias family too.

"Want to see the picture?" Luciano asked as he ran a hand through his dark brown hair.

"Traumatizing?" I asked.

"It's not too bad. You don't have to look if you don't want to Ari." He assured me as clicked through the device he had hidden beneath the bricks by the bedside table.

"I'll look." I finally decided.

Luciano walked forward and held out his small phone. I gasped when I saw the image and immediately pushed his hand away. I couldn't see that image again, it was traumatizing.

"You are crazy!" I sputtered out as I rubbed my eye lids.

"It's just a beheading. Nothing major. You must relax Arianna." Luciano said as he tucked the device into his pocket.

"I saw someone without a head!" I screamed as he image flashed through my mind again causing me to grimace.

A human sat in a metal chair with his entire body bruised and some places he was bleeding. I shuddered as I remembered that he had all his fingers lying on the ground. The one thing that scared me was the fact that Iñigo was the one holding the bloody axe with a victorious smile and the person head was on the floor.

I groaned loudly as I tried to remove that picture from my head. I couldn't stand it! I was horrified.

"That's perfect evidence of Iñigo Stalias. Behind bars for violating human rights and crimes down to humanity." Luciano grinned as he stepped outside the room and closed the door behind him.

"This man is crazy." I muttered.

Hey Guys!

This is todays update! I hope you enjoyed it. I'm going to try finish Reds Mafia Leader by the 20th of November if not earlier! This is actually my challenge for this month (minus the stress of exams obvs)

What are your thoughts concerning this chapter? I would like to know, leave your comments in the comment section.

Don't forget to also click the star below to vote.

Love you all,
Perla