b e e r

namjoon stares at his apartment ceiling a few moments before his eyes finally starts closing as he felt the heavy yet warm feeling of slowly falling asleep.

as soon as his hands felt his comforter and had already pulled it up towards his chin, a loud knock errupts from the front door.
namjoon groans and turns around, closing his eyes and not minding the knocks.

the knocks stop for a moment and namjoon finally snuggles in his bed.

the knockings starts again, louder this time, that made namjoon whirl around in his bed. he sleepily checks his digital clock, brows furrowed.

“jesus christ, who in the right mind would come knocking at 12:15 am?”

namjoon rubs his eyes and slowly gets out of his bed as the knocks keeps going.
as soon as he opens the door, a tall handsome man holding a bottle of whiskey shows up, his head bowed low.

the guy raises his head and as soon as he saw namjoon staring at him with an irritated expression, he smiles and raises the bottle he's holding.
his vision is slightly swirling and blurry but he could make out namjoon's features.
“aym so sorry to.. ugh.. come knocking at your door. i've so many things to say and i need to sit down or.. idk,” he says, his words easily slipping off of his tongue that he doesn't even need to think about the words,
“aym so dizzy, god-fucking-dammit.” he murmurs the last part but definitely loud enough for namjoon to hear.

the guy is utterly intoxicated, namjoon thoughts to himself and looks at the guy who is obviously trying his best to stand up straight but failing miserably.

will he even help this guy out?

but when all of namjoon's sleepiness fades away, he then recognizes the guy.
“aren't you my apartment neighbor?” he asks and went out, helping the guy.

the guy nods and smiles.
“of course you do, apartment neighbor. i'm your apartment neighbor kim seokjin. hehe.” drunk seokjin replies. namjoon got hold of seokjin's whiskey but seokjin quickly snatches it away and chugs it down like he is just drinking water.

“hey!” namjoon exclaims and holds the bottle again.
“no more drinking, you idiot. you're too drunk.”

“but not drunk enough.”

namjoon clicks his tongue several times as he helps seokjin. they walk towards namjoon's couch and seokjin easily plops down. namjoon closes the door and places the bottle on the kitchen countertop as seokjin continues to mumble about tax benefits.

“i just.. need.. a glass of water please. no sugar.” seokjin requests, which namjoon is already working on.

“you perhaps thought that this is your apartment?” namjoon asks as seokjin drinks the remaining content of the glass. he then places the glass down and burps, a long and loud one.

“please excuse my loud interruption.” he murmurs, eyes closed.

“this is my apartment, kim seokjin,” namjoon starts, “i think you knocked on the wrong door.”

“NO! but let me.. uh.. tell you this, boy,” seokjin replies as he crosses his arms in front of his chest, “just yesterday! YESTERDAY! i went to the grocery and.. this old hag kept hitting my cart! that hag! abominable creature!” he says with a frown on his face.

namjoon rolls his eyes.
oh boy. i sure do hope i get to sleep soundly later.

“plus i hate this certain lady who was in front of me at a long line at starbucks. my, did my head hurt so much. she stood there like a boulder on a highway! very irritating, if i may say so myself.”

namjoon couldn't say anything else as he stares at the huge rambling mess that is kim seokjin. seokjin sat comfortably on his couch like it's his own and rests his head on the back of the couch, smiling widely like an idiot. namjoon pinches the bridge of his nose as he shut his eyes.

how he wishes this is all just a dream so he can finally wake up.