v o d k a

“you haven't slept yet?”

namjoon closes his eyes and nods slowly as jungkook looks at him with pity.
“i had.. like.. 2 hours of sleep. i'm goddamn tired, kookie.”

jungkook holds his binder filled with chemistry assignments as he puts the strap of his duffel bag on his shoulder.
“oh, that's no big deal, hyung! you're lucky you had 2 hours of sleep.” he replies.

“why?”

“i barely had any sleep last night.”

“oh, i think i know why.” namjoon opens his eyes and chuckles.

“nah. i binge-watched studio ghibli films this time, hyung. i did not regret a single thing. so freaking amazing.”

“ah, by the way, kookie,” namjoon mentions, “have you already seen the note for the freshmen? they have a basketball try-out at 5:00 pm.”

“i did, hyung. thanks for reminding me.” jungkook smiles, showing his perfectly even teeth as well as his signature bunny teeth.

namjoon checks is wristwatch.
“i have to go, jungkook. can't be late for next class. my prof will kill me.” jungkook nods.

“third year professors are scary.” jungkook comments. namjoon laughs and ruffles jungkooks hair before waving goodbye and walking away.

— 🍷—

namjoon is more than thankful it's his day off today. pop coffee tends to have waves and waves of customers coming by during this day, plus the fact that he did not have a decent sleep last night adds to how he's so thankful for today.

that guy, kim seokjin, is a huge pain in the ass to deal with. last night, after ranting about tax benefits and the old hag and the woman at starbucks, he quickly stood up, muttered an incoherent apology, and went out, leaving namjoon in a complete state of confusion. he couldn't sleep afterwards and only got struck with sleepiness after getting his mind tired from wandering, which was 2 hours before his first class.

namjoon walks towards his study table and set out his books filled with assignments that needs to be finished.

more than three hours later, namjoon finally sets his pen down and just let his forehead hit the table.
“i am so tired.” he moans to himself. he did not notice how time flew quickly as he is answering his assignments. namjoon stands up, not bothering to clear his study table. he just walks out of his room and into his kitchen.

opening the fridge, two eggs, a carton half-filled with milk, and cereals greets his hungry stomach.

“i definitely need to go grocery shopping soon.” namjoon mutters to himself as he closes the fridge and looks up at the shelves.
a single cup of instant noodles is up there, waiting to be eaten. namjoon wastes no time and starts preparing his meal.

he sits at his comfy couch and starts browsing the cable for any show to waste time with. after a few minutes of endless pressing of buttons, namjoon finally finds a romcom film starring julia roberts. he starts eating the instant noodles as he laughs at the movie.

moments later, his phone buzzes and he looks down to check the text he receives. the text is from his best friend since middle school: jung hoseok.

hoseokie:
still up?

namjoon:
yea. just watching some movie. y?

hoseokie:
good reply. lets party over here at valkyries
hows that

namjoon ponders for a reply for a few moments. he knew how hoseok loved partying at valkyrie's, the famous bar downtown. he also goes there to party with him and meet a few of his colleagues whenever he's free but this time, namjoon knew how tired he is. his fingers danced above his cellphone's screen, not typing anything. he finally thinks of the best reply to hoseok.

namjoon:
sorry bro. can't. too tired today.
maybe some other time.

hoseokie:
too bad. im with yoongi. we havent bonded in a while, the three of us.

namjoon:
i see. enjoy ur date instead lovebirds :)

hoseokie:
will do

namjoon smiles to himself and puts his phone down and focused back on the movie. as the credits roll in, he decides to go for another movie since it's still a little early to go to sleep.

it was way past twelve when namjoon finally turns the tv off and yawns. he's about to go to his room when someone repeatedly knocks on the front door.

must be hoseok, namjoon mumbles to himself as he walks toward the door.

but he gets a huge surprise as he opens the door when hoseok is not the one who's there but drunk kim seokjin, chugging a bottle of vodka.

“gosh darn, nerdy. karen did a big fucking mistake again.”

namjoon pressed both of his temples in an attempt to lessen the headache.