t e q u i l a

“..and i told her, what the fuck, karen? your mouth is better at spouting shit than your ass.” kim seokjin rants, his words slurring as he chugs again.

the bottle of vodka is almost empty as seokjin sets it down and wipes his plump lips. namjoon stares at seokjin's gesture and gulped.
seokjin's been ranting about this karen who namjoon doesn't even know. seokjin just keeps letting his anger out in between swigs of the liquor.

“and then, hey,” seokjin says, wanting to catch namjoon's attention, “i just hate people who'll pretend they're calm as fuck but then they'll treat you like a disease. i have those kind of friends. i don't even know why i call them as such when their attitudes are sickening. a pain in the government, i daresay.” seokjin rambles, brows furrowed, clearly irritated with the memories of his so called 'friends'.

“they'll tell you bullshit after bullshit and then there's you, trying to understand their attitude when deep down, you're clearly pissed off. then they'll be acting like a whiny motherfucker. god, i hate people with unnecessary attitudes in their body. they always think the world revolves around them.”

namjoon doesn't even know what to say. what should he even do? his apartment neighbor is always drunk, ranting about random things that irritates him.

as seokjin drinks again, namjoon just stares at him, memorizing his features. seokjin kept his eyes closed, making it easy for namjoon to stare at him without getting awkward.

he speaks again, setting the bottle down.
“won't you say anything?” seokjin asks, slowly looking up at namjoon.

namjoon felt his heart pound inside his chest for a moment before he gains control again.
“it's getting late. you should rest.”

seokjin smiles.
he did not utter a single word and just stands up and quietly leaves the room.

“sorry. good night.” seokjin whispers before closing the door.