m o j i t o

"what books do you read, namjoon?" seokjin asks.

it's already 2:30 in the morning and seokjin and namjoon sat at either side of the couch, a good distance between them.

"i don't read books like i did back then. most of the books i read now are related to school. once in a while, i read novels. sci-fis and romance are nice to read." he replies.

seokjin drinks from the bottle he's holding.
"don't you wish to have your life written like a book? precise down to every detail, full of flowery words, and chaos at every ending." seokjin asked in between chuckles.

"books are better, don't you think? reality is often disappointing." namjoon says.

seokjin stops drinking for a moment and glances at him.
"did you just say a meme reference just now?"

namjoon laughs a little loudly.
"i did and i'm glad you noticed."

"that's cute." seokjin mutters that namjoon can perfectly hear.

namjoon's lips forms a small smile. an unconscious reflex.
"you're cuter, seokjin. don't worry." he says.

silence.

"won't you say anything back?" namjoon asks, somehow regretting he let those words slip from his mouth.

he's talking to a drunk guy with thoughts like a ball of yarn. of course he wouldn't understand anything.
"i was hoping you'd say that." seokjin whispers softly, looking at the bottle in between his slender fingers.

"of course i'd say that." namjoon whispers back.

seokjin smiles.
"then," he breathes, running his finger around the half-empty bottle, "i hope sober seokjin remembers what you said tomorrow when he wakes up."