c i d e r

around 2:45 am, when namjoon finally decides to give up and sleep, there comes several knocks on the door.

he immediately stands up and walks towards the door. when namjoon swings the door open, a drunk seokjin greets him, holding a bottle of whiskey.
"i'm so sorry."

namjoon's brows furrows.
"what are you sorry for? come inside, it's too cold there." seokjin obliges and follows namjoon inside. they both sit down on either side of the couch again. always the same place.

seokjin holds the bottle out to namjoon but he quickly declines.
"tell me," seokjin speaks, "why do you always decline? do you not like drinking?"

namjoon chuckles and smiles at him.
"i think it's too early to give an answer."

seokjin glances at his wristwatch.
"you're right. i'll wait with you here until night." seokjin says and chugs the bottle's content.

namjoon roars with laughter.
"no, you're not."

seokjin sideglances at him.
"oh, are you stopping me, nerdy?"

"try me."

seokjin just laughs and shakes his head.

"you came a little late today." namjoon comments. seokjin smiles.

"you missed me too soon, baby."

"why are you calling me that?"

"am i not allowed to?"

namjoon couldn't help but laugh because of seokjin's weird attitude today.
"what brought you here today?"

"the usual," seokjin answers and looks down, "drama and shit."

"tell me."

"you know i would," seokjin says, "it sucks. you know, having your heart broken and all that."

'so it is about his boyfriend.' namjoon thought to himself.

"oh, i didn't know you have a girlfriend." namjoon tries saying in a casual manner. seokjin laughs and drinks the whiskey. he gulps several times and almost leaves the bottle empty.

"i don't, joonie," he replies after a while, "i don't have a boyfriend as well."

"are you heartbroken because of a crush?" he asks.

seokjin doesn't answer immediately.
"fling. just a fling."

"what happened?"

"it was all just a fling, i get it. i thought we had something more. he decided to end it. i thought it was just because of our misunderstanding. he told me he's tired and wants someone new. he was nothing but a fling so i let him be. i tried clearing stuff and misunderstandings but.. he just really wants someone new."

namjoon gulps.
"do you love him?"

"i did. but i'm over him now. as quick and easy as that. i don't want to stress myself over stuff i don't have control."

"i thought you're heartbroken?"

"yeah. before. i'm all good now. i just mentioned being heartbroken, because i experienced it."

namjoon internally sighs with relief.

"how about you," seokjin says, looking at namjoon, "have you ever got heartbroken?"

namjoon shakes his head.
"no, i haven't."

"a luck and a bad luck at the same time." is the only reply namjoon got.