s a k e

the more seokjin comes at midnight, the more he realizes he knew nothing about him, other than the fact that he's a drinking demon.

this has been going on for a month now.
namjoon's getting so used to seokjin coming to his apartment at midnight that his body clock adjusted to it as well. he always sleeps late now. 1 am was the earliest and 3 am was the latest.

namjoon's wearing a tank top that night, a clothing he's comfortable with, as he was reviewing his notes for an upcoming graded recitation next week.

it was around half past midnight when there comes a knock on the door. namjoon stands up and walks towards the door.
the knocks are familiar. he is used to it.
when he opens the door, an extremely intoxicated seokjin shows up, leaning towards the door frame, almost sliding down.

“woah!”

seokjin slowly looks up at him, his bangs covering his eyes, as he held a bottle of vodka.
“hi, brainy babe.” he says, words slurring, as he smiles like an idiot.

“oh god, you're more intoxicated than before.” namjoon says as seokjin staggers in front of him.

seokjin closes his eyes and chugs the vodka down. when he opened his eyes, a huge grin plasters on his handsome face.
“woweee, i think i'm on a merry-go-round!” he exclaims that made namjoon pinch the bridge of his nose.

when seokjin takes a step forward, he immediately loses his balance and crashes at namjoon.
the latter groans loudly as his back hits the ground with a thud. seokjin who was on top of him laughs loudly. he is in between namjoon's legs, his chest on top of namjoon's stomach. seokjin giggles again and chugs the bottle.
“AH! DELISHYOWSO!”

namjoon's cheeks blushes furiously at the contact of his and seokjin's body and the fact that the handsome guy is between his legs.
“wh-what the hell, seokjin!” he stammers. seokjin eyes him.

“wah, you're so handsome, namjoonie.” he says in a very surprised tone. his words did nothing but to make namjoon's heart pound inside his chest.

“g-get off me, seokjin.”

instead of moving aside, seokjin huddles closer to him and practically wraps his arms around namjoon's tiny waist.
“no. you're so warm and comfy.”

if namjoon's face has the capacity to turn even more red, then he has reached that level.
“s-stop that, seokjin.”

“i remember my bed back at my apartment.” in that moment, namjoon quickly pushes seokjin off of him and made him sit on the couch instead.

“come sit with me, namjoon.” namjoon did so that made seokjin smile. he sets his vodka aside.

“it's so fun getting drunk, y'know,” he says and closes his eyes, “for a moment, a few hours, you'd get to forget everything.”

namjoon scoffs.
“and then what, let it crash back in the morning along with an extreme headache? nah.”

seokjin chuckles and opens his eyes. he looks down, head resting on the couch.
“it's nice to forget once in a while.”

“why would you even want to forget? what is there to forget? are you heartbroken or something?” he asks.

seokjin doesn't answer him.
he holds the bottle instead, making it seem like he's thinking of an answer.

“my mind is fucked up. intoxicating myself is my only antidote. and in curing my thoughts, i'm slowly killing this temporary body.”

seokjin answers him with a thought that brought about more questions than answers.