w i n e

coffee pop is jammed-pack with people, specifically students, who enjoyed their aesthetic atmosphere which consists of peaches and browns and a few reds and oranges to complement it. not only the atmosphere but their service and the food as well.

namjoon keeps walking around, trays in his hands. his co-worker, jimin, is busy at the counter, taking orders and such.

when the wave of customers lowered down that evening, namjoon finally sits comfortably on the chair as he massaged his shoulders and hands.
“what a tiring day.” he mutters.

namjoon felt something drop from his arm. cold and wet.
he looks up and saw jimin holding a cup of iced coffee in the flavour that he likes.

“you've worked hard today and you deserve that.” jimin says with a small smile on his lips. namjoon gets the cup and quickly sips on it.

just the right amount of sugar for my taste,
namjoon thoughts as takes a sip.

“hyung.” jimin calls.

“yes?” namjoon responds, looking up.

“i did it.”

“did what?”

jimin ponders for a moment.
“go on, jimin. tell me.” namjoon says.

“i confessed. yesterday.” he says, almost mumbling the words.

namjoon's eyes widens in surprise.
“you did? what happened? what did taehyung say?”

“negative,” as soon as jimin replies with those words, the smile disappears from namjoon's face, “he told me we're only friends. but he's really thankful that i felt this way towards him. it's an honor, he said. but he just can't reciprocate those feelings.” jimin says, smiling as if his voice didn't give away the bitterness he feels.

“do you know why he rejected you? did he tell you?” namjoon asks and sips again on his iced coffee.

“he told me he's already courting a girl from his class.”

“that's sucks. but hey, i know it's hard but everything will be okay soon.” namjoon says and gives jimin a pat on the shoulder as he stands up.

“hyung,” jimin calls as namjoon is about to go out and serve customers.

“yes?”

“did my three years of liking taehyung put to waste?”

how would he answer that? what would he even say?