m i m o s a

"i am so not getting drunk ever again," namjoon says to himself as he makes himself a cup of coffee he'll be drinking as he'll be reviewing for an upcoming exam in three days.

it's been three days since he got drunk and he honestly doesn't remember half of what he did. he can recall going home and answering the door and seeing seokjin but that's just about everything he can remember. he can't remember what seokjin said or what he did other than to actually see him intoxicated and that's just the most embarrassing thing to see, in his opinion.

namjoon stops in front of his table to place the mug down. he sits down and glances the his notebook filled with his messy handwriting of notes and wonders to himself, "why's seokjin not coming around lately?"

and the answer comes crashing to him.
maybe seokjin was turned off with him drinking. but then again, seokjin drinks and get drunk himself so there's no reason to get turned off. maybe his drunk ass is annoying to handle and that seokjin got fed up with him?

or maybe he's busy with university stuff?

namjoon yawns and stretches his body.
he scratches his neck and checks the time.
2:29 am.

he frowns to himself.
he's been getting so little sleep these past few days that he's starting to have pimples and deep eyebags. but reviewing late helps him retain lessons better so he guesses it's fine.

he gets his now empty mug and walks out of the room to place it in the sink when several knocks stops him from his track. he walks toward the door and peeps in the peephole and sees seokjin standing. he swings the door and he sees seokjin holding two bottles of whiskey in his hands.

"i'm already a wee bit drunk but let's have s'more," he says, slurring the words.

"sorry, what?"

"drunk," seokjin repeats, eyeing him like he's judging namjoon for not understanding what he just said, "drunk as in d-r-u-n-k drunk. y'know, drinking whiskey while talking about midlife crisis and stuff."

namjoon sighs to himself as he lets seokjin in and closes the door. seokjin happily places the bottles down, a little too loudly that it terrifies namjoon that seokjin might break the bottles and make a mess.

"now come, my friend," he says, eyes closed, "you, me, let us drink this bullshit away from our bodies."

namjoon looks at the bottle of whiskey and then back at seokjin.
"what's the problem this time, seokjin?"

"a lot of things.." is the only thing namjoon understood and the rest are all incoherent mumblings.

"a lot of things like?"

"i never really quite understood why school cafeteria employees are the most unwelcoming, most shitty, and have downright asshole personalities ever," seokjin starts that makes namjoon chuckle.

"whoa, what in the world happened with school cafeteria employees that made you pissed off?"

seokjin looks at him.
"i'll tell you," he says, "but first, you must go drinking with me."

namjoon sighs and looks at the bottle of whiskey.
"well, i guess a bottle won't hurt." he says and grabs the bottle.