w h i s k e y

namjoon couldn't sleep that night and he keeps tossing and turning on his bed.
he pulls the comforter closer to his chin but did nothing but to irritate him.
he puts the comforter aside and lies on his side.

“goddamnit.”
namjoon murmurs to himself as he rolls his eyes for the nth time now. he wipes his face with his hands for several times in irritation.

a loud knock interrupts him.
several knocks that seems desperate to get in. namjoon immediately recognizes the knocking pattern and stands up to get it. hearing those series of knocks made him very familiar of who it is.

he peeps for a moment on the peephole to check who it is, just to make sure.
a small smile forms on his lips unconsciously as he unlocks and swings the door open.

seokjin stands by the door, cheeks and nose blushing furiously as he holds a large bottle of double whiskey.
“good lord, i hate my professors.”

namjoon checks his wristwatch.
“good morning to you, too. come in.” he says and seokjin almost waltzes his way in. he sits on the comfortable couch and stares at namjoon as the latter finally sits down as well.

“what's the matter with your professors?” he asks, concerned.

“how annoying they are, thinking too highly of themselves just because they finished college before us.”

“well, they took their master's and doctorate degree so i guess they have the right to.” namjoon replies with a shrug.

seokjin scoffs as hard as can as he hears namjoon's words.
“i didn't know that intelligence and educational attainment is a right and priviledge to step on other people.” seokjin sneers and chugs on his alcohol like it is made of purely water alone.

“patience is a virtue, you know. try being patient with your professors and everything will pass soon. it's normal. i have professors like those, too. and i hate them just as you hate yours. i just try to lengthen my patience.”

seokjin creases his brows.
“easy for you to say, mr. brainybabe.” namjoon blushes furiously at what seokjin suddenly calls him.

he stays silent as seokjin drinks again and gives a satisfied sound.
“this alcohol is a gift from the gods.” he says and chuckles to himself as namjoon watches closely.

seokjin looks up and stares at him.
“i definitely know i'm drunk but let me tell you how much your eyes mesmerize me.”