l o n g i s l a n d i c e d t e a (finale)

[ two months later ]

it's been two months since namjoon and seokjin's last interaction. he honestly doesn't mind, thinking it's due to university issues and being busy with a lot of personal things.

but something inside him feels off about it.
he finally told hoseok about seokjin and they both came to the conclusion that namjoon really does like seokjin.

it's a sunny saturday today and namjoon has no classes because of a professor who told them he can't meet them due to personal issues and just handed out activities to be passed until next week. namjoon used his free time to clean his apartment and freshen up things a bit.

namjoon is dusting up his cabinet when he hears the doorbell ring. normally, his friends don't use the doorbell so it must be someone he doesn't know. he gets up and peeps through the peep hole and sees someone that looks like a deliveryman.
"who is it?"

"hi, this is usp delivery services and i have a package for kim namjoon," namjoon raises a brow but swings the door open.

"for me? i don't remember ordering anything?" he says.

"oh, but your name and your complete address is written here. but no worries, the delivery fee is already paid."

the delivery man hands the box to namjoon.
"does it say who's it from?" he asks.

"unfortunately, no. the person strictly says not to reveal their identity." the man tips his hat. namjoon smiles, thanks the delivery guy and went back inside.
he places the box down as he racks his head trying to remember when did he order anything.

"did i order anything when i was drunk? the man did tell that the person strictly didn't want their identity revealed but what if it was me after all? god, i need to check my wallet now." namjoon thoughts to himself as he opens the box using his scissors.

he is completely taken aback when he sees another box. sliding it open, a bottle of whiskey is what greets him.
"is this for seokjin, perhaps? it is whiskey, after all. maybe he was drunk and wrote my name instead." he mumbles to himself and walks out of his apartment and knocks on seokjin's door.

after several knocks, no one is answering.
maybe he's out?

a young girl is walking up to her apartment door and sees namjoon standing there.
"are you looking for seokjin?" she asks.

"oh, yeah. i have a parcel that i'm guessing is supposed to be for him," he replies, "by any chance, do you know where he went and what time he's coming back?"

"oh, you didn't know?"

"know what?" he asks, brow raised.

"seokjin left just last week. he paid for his rent this month before leaving. i heard he went back to the countryside where his parents are. i saw him leaving with only a backpack and a single luggage." the young girl smiles politely at namjoon before her stuff and entering her apartment.

namjoon is stunned.
everything the girl has said didn't make sense to him, or at least it didn't sink in yet.

he walks back inside the apartment and sits down to completely look at the bottle of whiskey. he googles the name of the whiskey and he feels like his heart jumped out of his chest. the price is around five thousand dollars and his soul just left his body.
"where in the world did this money come from?" he exhales.

namjoon looks back at the delivery box and saw a piece of paper with a handwritten note. he gets it and starts reading the content.

namjoon,

i'm pretty sure while you're reading this, you're confused. to be honest, i am, too. with a lot of things. feelings, university, life, and expectations. even the future. two months ago, an opportunity for change came knocking at my door, like how i would knock on yours every midnight to tell you things i would normally keep to myself.

this is gonna be messy so please bear with me.

i can't tell you everything in this small piece of paper. but i'm not the person you think i am. i have so many things going on that i have never told you, and i have no plans of telling them, at least for now. personal issues are piling up on top of each other.

everything is getting a little out of hand. as much as i want to face them, the only solution i can think of is to run away. not only for the sake of myself, but for your sake as well. and it's mainly because of who i really am. you might not get what i mean now, and it's okay. soon, you'll get what i mean.

thank you for being kind to me and i'm sorry to leave so suddenly without saying anything. i'm sure we'll get to see each other in the future. it's a small world, anyway.

i do hope that someday, i'll get to say the things that's going on in my life like how we used to back in your apartment.

and so to answer your question: "why is it so hard being in love?", this is my answer.

ps. in case you're wondering, yes, the whiskey is my goodbye gift to you. that's my own money and you don't need to bother paying back.

seokjin

f i n .

— — — —

a/n:

thank you so much for reading midnight dramas! sorry if it seems kinda rushed but this is exactly the ending i pictured for both of them. i really enjoyed having to write this kind of dynamic and storyline so i hope you enjoyed reading through as well.

thank you for the votes and comments this book has received. i appreciate everything.

if you wanna see more of my works, you can check out my other books and follow me while you're at it.

thank you, everyone.

—cookiemilk