c h a m p a g n e

if only namjoon knew bits and pieces of who seokjin is whenever he comes at his place.

to him, seokjin is still that person with a huge question mark on his face; a walking unknown identity. whatever he rants is vague, it doesn't give enough information at all.

but maybe it's because he doesn't really ask questions and lets seokjin do the talking.

there comes several knocks on the door. a familiar pattern. namjoon closes his book and stand up to open the door. he peeps through the peephole to make sure and swings the door open. a blushing, drunk kim seokjin greets him, who immediately smiles upon seeing him.

"care to listen to me tonight?" he asks as he raises the bottle of vodka.

namjoon steps aside to let seokjin walk inside his apartment.
"when did i even not listen to you, anyway? i like your stories." namjoon says with a chuckle.

seokjin speaks as he was walking, his back facing namjoon.
"oh, just the story and not the story-teller?"

namjoon looks up, genuine confusion on his face.
"sorry, what? i didn't hear you."

seokjin turns around and smiles.
"nothing."

seokjin sits down on the couch. namjoon notices he didn't sit near the end like he always do. namjoon did the same.
so now they are sitting on the same couch, far from each other but not far enough; a little closer to each other, but not close enough. there is still distance between them.

seokjin chugs the vodka like he's just drinking water.
"doesn't it hurt?"

seokjin smiles.
"it hurts. it stings my throat. it burns the inside of my mouth."

namjoon faces him completely and moves a little bit closer towards seokjin. seokjin doesn't seem to notice. or if he did, he didn't mind.
"if it hurts you, then why are you clinging so much to it?" he asks.

the smile didn't disappear from his lips.
"it's the only way to know i'm still alive. i'm used to the pain that i've started to like it. because it's the only thing that reminds me that i'm not dead yet."

namjoon is moved with seokjin's words.
what is he going through that makes him say such things?

what is the reality whirling behind those pretty eyes and smiling lips?

seokjin is about to say something but namjoon suddenly raises his hand and gently places it on seokjin's cheek.

"i don't know what you're going through but, i'm here to listen to whatever you have to say."

seokjin can't help but to smile at namjoon's words.

"i know, namjoon. i know."