8) Promises Broken

Hale Pack House
(Two Weeks Later)

Harlow- Sauntering down the steps, I skip to the kitchen where I find the Pack Alpha, Luna and my father. "Daddy?"

Derek- Standing at the kitchen island beside my mate, I set aside my coffee cup immediately glancing up as my eyes glow red.

Stiles- I was cutting up some vegetables for a salad and slowly set the knife down, glancing towards the petite girl as my eyes glow a molten gold.

Peter- I lean against the counter beside the sink at the counter behind the Alpha couple, glancing up at my daughter as my eyes glow red. "Harlow?"

Harlow- Stopping in the doorway, I notice all their eyes are glowing and immediately tilt my head in submission. (Whimpers)

Peter- Having set my coffee aside, I walk over to my daughter and kneel to her height. "We are sorry Sweetness, it's an Alpha habit when in the mere presence of an Omega they protect." Reaching out as I rest my hands at her upper arms, rubbing my thumbs in soothing circles.

Derek- Allowing Peter and Harlow to bond, I walk over a few minutes later and rest my hand at the back of her neck as I rub soothing circles with my own thumb. (Growls Lowly)

Stiles- (Smiles Fondly) Blinking my eyes as I pick up my knife and continue what I was doing. "Was there something you wanted Princess?"

Harlow- (Hums Pleased) I melt beneath my fathers and Uncles touch. "Can I go outside to play?"

Peter- Looking up at Derek whom is looking at Stiles. (Sighs) I glance at my daughter and her face is alight with hope. (Smiles) "Alpha? Luna?" I look to them as it is their decision and I trust them with her safety.

Stiles- Breaking eye contact with my mate as I resume making lunch. (Nods)

Derek- Getting my mates approval, I turn to Peter and our youngest pup. (Nods) "Yes, you may go outside to play. BUT, you will stay within sight and away from the tree line." I pause for a moment, before quickly continuing. "I'm also going to send Isaac out to play with you."

Harlow- Jumping up and down as I clap. (Squeals Excitedly) "Thank you!"

Peter- (Chuckles) She pauses for but a moment and I give her a kiss before she prances out the doorway. "Get Isaac on your way out young lady."

Derek- We hear her run upstairs and the slamming of a door, a few moments later a rush of two sets of feet and the front door being slammed shut in a hurry. (Chuckles)

Stiles- (Smiles Happily) "The Goddess has blessed us."

Derek- (Hums Softly) Walking up behind my mate as I wrap my arms around his waist, nuzzling his jaw. "That she has."

Peter- Once more I lean up against the counter and continue to drink my coffee. (Sighs Happily) This is my Pack, my Family and I wouldn't change it, nope, not for the world.

(Two Hours Later)

Isaac- (Groans Pitifully) Blinking my eyes against the harsh light, I shake my head to clear the daze. "Harlow?" Slowly getting up, I realize we or specifically I'm a mile passed the tree line. (Mutters) "What the Hell..." Hesitantly I start walking back to the house as the memories of what had transpired come back in a flash flood. "I'm so dead."

Stiles- Derek, Peter and I are lounging in the living room when the front door is opened.

Derek- Checking the time on my phone. "You've been outside for two hours, it's about time you come in." Glancing up, I see it's just Isaac, he looks disheveled and terrified.

Peter- Tossing aside the book I'm reading as I quickly stand. "What happened?" Walking up to the boy, I start sniffing at him but the fear is overwhelming.

Stiles- Derek and I both get up and walk over to the pup that's on a verge of a panic attack. "Isaac baby, talk to us." I easily slip him out of his shirt and access the damage as he starts talking.

Isaac- Tilting my head in submission as I look at the floor, the tears falling fast and hot burning my flushed cheeks. (Cries) "She's gone, he took her."

Peter and Derek- Our eyes glow red dangerously. (Snarls) "WHAT?"

Stiles- (Frowns) Giving both my Alpha's a good smack. "You are scarring him!"

Peter- Closing my eyes as I focus my breathing and anchor myself. (Huffs) "What do you mean she's gone?"

Derek- Taking a deep breath as I use my bond with my mate to anchor myself. "Taken? Who is he?"

Isaac- Panicking so bad, I fall to a trembling heap on the floor before my Alpha's and Luna. (Whines Pitifully) "The rouge Alpha that's on the Hunters radar and that we were warned to be on the look out for. He snuck up, Knocking me out and took her. She's gone!" (Cries)

Stiles- Kneeling in the floor, I wrap my arms around our pup and run my fingers through his hair in a soothing manor. (Coos)

Peter- I fall to my knees with my head in my hands. "I promised to protect her. I promised that she'd be safe. I promised she wouldn't suffer the trauma she went through in London here. Malia is right, I'm a horrible father! I can't make promises, when they can easily be broken. How can I promise a brighter future, when I can't protect her present?" Running my fingers through my hair frantically and pulling. "Her Godfather and Uncle are going to flay me alive if something happens to her!"

Derek- Peter has come along way from the darkness that once enveloped him, when Sirius and Remus showed up at our door with Harlow though it was a surprise, it was a pleasant one as both Stiles and I knew Harlow was the best thing for my Uncle and vice-versa. "Promises are made to be broken Uncle and forget what Malia has ever said. Stiles and I both know you are an amazing father, an Harlow knows that too." Resting my hand on his shoulder in comfort. "Sirius and Remus have trusted us to do right by this little girl and we will, so let's bring our baby home."

Peter- (Nods Agreeingly) Wiping away the tears, we all get ahold of ourselves and call another emergency Pack meeting. (Mutters Softly) "We will bring her home, if it's the last thing we ever do!"