Telling the Truth is Always Hard - Luke Imagine

**May be triggering to some readers. Contains discussion of depression and self-harm.**
"Hey, babe... Can I, uh, tell you something?" I said faintly to my boyfriend, Luke, trying to figure out what I was going to say. We were laying on the couch, cuddling in each others arms.

"Yes, of coarse. What is it Y/N?" He said sitting up a bit and staring directly into my eyes. I started to get more nervous as I went along.

I sighed and finally said, "Luke. I, uh... I was, depressed when I was younger. And what I mean by depressed was that I used to sit on my bed and cry myself to sleep. I know you're probably wondering why I'm telling you this. Well, it's because I've never told anyone before and I wanted to tell you." I sighed again waiting for him to respond. "I know it's pathetic-" He interrupted me.

"It is not pathetic. I'm glad you told me, Y/N. Why were you, uh.. depressed?" He said the last part with hesitation, wondering if it was okay to ask.

"My parents got divorced and after about three years, I never saw him and when I was about 14 or 15 years old I started to really think about it, and I kept thinking about how my dad used to act and then he just kind of left. I thought about it for a while and it led me to start... Uh, self-harming." I faintly said self harming because I was ashamed and didn't want anyone to know about it. "I just kept thinking about how all of my friends had these amazing dads and all I had was a controlling step dad and an oblivious mother." I started to feel a lump in the back of my throat and my eyes become glossy from the tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey, hey... Y/N. You don't have to worry about that anymore because I will never leave you. I will always love you. Never, ever doubt that." Luke said cupping my face and looking directly into my eyes not leaving them for one second. I just nodded and placed my hands on his neck. We put our foreheads together and I closed my eyes, one last tear falling down my cheek. Luke said, foreheads still together and our lips centimeters away.

"I love you. So much." He leaned in and closed the small space in between our lips.

Hope you like it :)