PACT|ONE

🌸

"NEVER LET ANYONE TREAT YOU LIKE A YELLOW STARBURST

"NEVER LET ANYONE TREAT YOU LIKE A YELLOW STARBURST . YOURE A PINK STARBURST !"

MACKENZIE slept terribly, mostly because her mind was on olivia and fitz. "mackenzie! hurry!" her mom yelled, then kenzie ran downstairs. she ran to her car, and drove off.

she went to her friend group, one she's stuck with since 7th grade. she's stuck. "ok, so friday?" they all agreed, as kenzie approached them.

"what's on friday?" kenzie asked, and an awkward silence filled.

"oh, just a small gathering at my house. my parents said i can only bring 5 people. sorry kenz." brynn said, obviously lying.

"oh, ok." kenzie said, "it's fine, i have a wedding to go to." kenzie lied, then walked away, hearing them start talking again.

she hated that she was across campus, so she ran, but was still late. "you're late ms. ziegler. saturday school detention in the library." mrs. dotterman said, then kenzie sighed and went to her seat.

during lunch, she went to the library to print her homework for her next class. "no! liam, no." she heard from behind a shelf, so being the curious girl she is, she removed a book to see who it was. she recognized the voice, but only could see the back of a guy.

"come on. we've been dating for three months already and you still haven't done it with me yet. you waited two weeks before you and travis." liam said, but the girl didn't budge.

"no liam." then kenzie turned away, as the two left. she didn't get a good look.

kenzie printed her work, then went to her group, who weren't there. she called them, "where are you guys?"

"dave and busters. we forgot to tell you." they hung up right away, before kenzie could answer. she never was able to go anywhere with them. they never even invited her to a party or sleepover. it's been 5 years.

kenzie went home once school was done, doing nothing but watching Sex Education and eating mango ice cream. her sister graduated last year, now studying at harvard. "shouldn't you be at a party or something?" greg asked, opening a can of beer.

"nah, oh let's watch criminal minds." kenzie said, then greg made food as she turned the volume all up.

a few hours later, kenzie was combing her hair as she looked around her room. she's had two boyfriend's in her life, one now and one back in freshman year. her boyfriend now, his name's ashton, they were practically forced to be together. brynn said it was needed. kenzie did everything brynn said.

saturday came around, and kenzie woke up around 6:30. "mackenzie, what are you doing?" melissa asked, as kenzie put on her shoes.

"saturday détention." kenzie said, then left. she parked her car, seeing only a few cars in the lot.

she went to the library. seeing the vice principal and no one else. "take a seat ms. ziegler. others should arrive soon." mrs. jules said, looking through her binder.

then a blonde came in, mackenzie sort of recognized her, but not really. then a brunette came in, her hair had faded blonde highlights and obviously out of dress code.

"ms. leblanc, you know the rules. on this campus, you need to be in dress code." mrs. jules said, then the brunette sat down. she grabbed the choir dress, then handed it to the brunette.

"thanks for the washcloth." the girl smirked, then flipped off mrs. jules.

"another saturday détention." mrs. jules sighed.

"yay, now that makes 4 months straight." she laughed, then mrs. jules rolled her eyes.

"rules, no talking, no phones, no electronics. no going out of this room. there's a bathroom you can use. your assignment is to write a three page essay, by hand. both sides." mrs. jules said. "i'll be in my office. anything happens, ring that bell. at 12 i will bring lunch. for now you'll snack on crackers." she left, then kenzie took out her pencil and papers.

"you're actually doing it?" the other brunette asked.

"yes. and you are?" kenzie asked.

"annie, annie leblanc. you two?" annie asked.

"i'm emily. emily skinner." now kenzie put the name to the face. it was the infamous girl who was in the longest relationship in school with her boyfriend johnny (a/n that phobias mv was gold!)

"my names mackenzie. ziegler." kenzie smiled, "people call me kenzie."

"not me. mack fits better." annie said, then ate a lollipop. "now you blondie. you and that boy of yours. seem to be the perfect couple. i see you liking it rough in bed." annie laughed.

emily swallowed, avoiding eye contact, "that is none of y-your business." emily said.

"wait," kenzie said, looking towards the blonde. "you two haven't done it."

"no, we have." emily said, "just, in 4 years we've barley done it 3 times."

annie smirked, "is he good?"

emily looked at annie straight in the eyes with a smile, "you know when you're like in freshman year and watching porn to see how it's done? and the girl is like moaning like crazy, it feels like that amount of pleasure, times ten. i mean that guy knows how to use his tongue."

annie laughed, "why only 3 times?"

"my parents are farmers. christian farmers. i have zero privacy. my parents still sit in on all my doctor appointments. so i slip then a paper telling them i am active. the only times we've done it was at his house, and his sisters are almost always home. so, it's hard." emily said.

"i bet it is." annie laughed, making the three laugh. "wow you guys actually laughed."

"why wouldn't we? it was funny." kenzie said.

"i'm always the whore. i don't have friends i guess." annie said. "you two have groups to hang with."

the other two laughed, "really? my group makes fun of me for being christian and raised on a farm. it wasn't my choice. they smoke marijuana behind the bleachers. i dont. i go to the rally's across the street." emily said, pulling a piece of her bright blonde hair behind her ear.

"yeah, and mine. i've been in that group for what? 5 years i think? i've never been invited to anything." kenzie laughed, "not even lunch."

"that makes me feel better." annie laughed, and the tree got talking. all completely different yet all the same.

by 12, mrs. jules came back, "no essays. another saturday to all. if you don't have it by 3, that's three more."

the girls ate, and didn't do it. they got each other's numbers , and ended up getting about 4 more saturdays. but by the end, they became friends.