PACT|TWENTY ONE

📕

"SHUT UP I'M READING!"

mackenzie sat on the table, eagerly waiting. the door opened, "hello ms. ziegler, welcome back."

"thank you dr. anne, so?" mackenzie asked eagerly, her fingers tapping her knee.

"well, you're right. it's a boy." mackenzie smiled, and looked at her phone, seeing hayden shake his head playfully.

"you owe me $12." mackenzie smirked, then ended the call and left the doctors office. she was 5 months already, and popped right away. she was so thankful it wasn't twins again. she loved her twins, they were a blessing, but boy was it a handful.

she went to the store next, and picked up her dress. on her way home she picked up the kids. "so is it a boy or girl?" ivana asked, playing on her ipad.

"boy." ivana cheered, so did jordan.

"ok when we get home, go do your homework while mommy gets ready." they nodded, just as mackenzie pulled into their garage.

mackenzie went upstairs, to her room and took a shower. once she was out, she did her hair then makeup. she put on a robe and then went to ivana's room. "hi mommy." ivana greeted, as she was doing her homework.

"hi sweetie," mackenzie replied, then sat down, "you need help?"

"no, i'm ok." mackenzie smiled, then went to jordan's room. he was on his bed coloring.

"hey baby, is that for school?" mackenzie asked.

"yeah, it's about trees." mackenzie kissed his forehead, then went downstairs. she still had a little time left, so she wrote down instructions for the babysitter.

about 30 minutes before she had to leave, she ran upstairs and put on her dress. it was so beautiful. it was red, off the shoulder and was form fitting. it had a slit on her right leg, and showed her beautiful baby bump.

she put on her jewelry, then grabbed her clutch and went to the kids, who were in the living room. the door bell rang, and mackenzie went to go open the door. "hi mrs. summerall, i'm here." karla said. she was 15, and their neighbor.

"hi, but you can call me mackenzie." mackenzie let her in, "the kids' schedule is on the fridge, and their dinner is in the fridge. we should be home by 10."

"no problem." the twins ran to karla, hugging her. "hey guys, let's go have some fun."

"alright kids, mommy's going." they kissed her cheek, "bye." mackenzie walked out, a small pang in her heart, every time she left them. she got into her car, and started driving. she got a call, "hey samantha, i'm on my way."

"we're having a problem.."

"what problem?" mackenzie asked sternly.

"the catering brought shrimp." mackenzie rolled her eyes.

"shit." mackenzie cursed, "ok i'll be right there." mackenzie pulled up 5 minutes later. she rushed inside, seeing it wasn't even half set up yet. "why! shit." she grabbed her clipboard and got to work.

in under 15 minutes it was all set up. "wow, you've done it again." the principal praised, as she walked into the previous gym, now fundraiser.

"thank you, but everyone helped." just as she said it, more parents came in. it was startling.

mackenzie checked everything one last time, going to the kitchen and checking on the raffles. "mackenzie, mackenzie. the new mom and her husband are here." claire said, bringing mackenzie to the raffle station.

"hold on claire, i have to welcome everyone." mackenzie chuckled, then went up to the stage, "welcome everyone. i'm pta president mackenzie, as you most know." mackenzie introduced herself, earning applause, "today's fundraiser is for valley children's. a place none of us want our kids to spend there. but today we help the kids, parents, patients there by raising money for more pro-bono surgeries for kids, more medical care, more supplies. please give as much as you can. all this money goes to them. to our kids." mackenzie smiled as everyone applauded, she looked around, and was startled by a certain face. or two. she cleared her throat, "as well as sign ups with leah baker in the back corner, please volunteer. i personally volunteer every week, 3 times a week. from helping kids learn to read because they're missing school to newborn babies without parents to teenagers deciding on college because no one can help them. it's truly an amazing experience. thank you, have a good night." she stepped off, and was about to shove her smile into a frown until she saw her fiancé she ran to him. he pulled her in, kissing her.

"that was one hell of a speech." hayden commented.

"thank you baby." hayden looked down, at her stomach and placed his hand there, "our boy." she nodded, kissing him again.

"alright love birds." samantha interrupted, "mackenzie let's meet the new mom." mackenzie feared it was who she thought it was. it was. "emily, johnny." she got their attention, "meet our pta president, mackenzie, summerall?" she questioned mackenzie.

"ziegler." mackenzie corrected, "hi, you're the parents of?"

"allison." emily said, and she knew it was mackenzie. but she didn't say anything.

"if you need anything-" mackenzie paused, "ask samantha." mackenzie looked, and waved to her fiancé who was talking with a few dad's.

"that's one big ring." emily commented, seeing mackenzie's diamond was blinding her.

"mackenzie's an angel. her children are angels as well. i don't know how her and hayden do it." samantha praised.

"h-hayden?" johnny chocked on his drink, "you're engaged with hayden?"

"she is, oh my their love story. hayden came into hers and her babies' lives and became the father the babies didn't have. such an angel." samantha could've went on and on, unless mackenzie stopped her.

"samantha, maybe talk about your kids." mackenzie walked away, going to hayden and planting a kiss on his lips, knowing johnny and emily saw. what were they doing here? and more importantly, "i said no peanuts on the appetizer!"

a/n lots of people ask me "isn't this a jenzie story" it is but it isn't JUST jenzie. i don't like writing it so that jenzie is together on the fifth chapter, it's cringey. plus it's more about the pact, that's why it's named PREGNANCY PACT